Tesco Extra Value apple juice 16p a litre

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was dutifully shopping with the better half today when we noticed that tesco's extra value apple juice was listed at 16p for a litre carton.
So, for the princely sum of £3.52, I will be filling a fermentor to see what this could be like. I realise that their standard juice is on offer for 80+p for 4l, but I thought that this would just be too good an opportunity to miss.
For those that know about these things, it has 11.4g of sugar per 100ml, is 100% fruit juice from concentrate.
I was hoping to see how this compares to a batch of tc made from lidl's cloudy apple juice.
Will be adding some tannin and yeast extract.
Does anyone have any further suggestions?

Either (a) keep everything except the juice exactly the same, to judge the difference the juice makes, or (b) add half a litre of SomethingElse eg cranberry or pomegranate, or (c) 2 or 3 tsp per gallon artificial sweetener - just enough to take the edge off.

I bought 44l of the stuff which im gonna do two batches of TC in time for summer.
Will be great!

Back