THBF Snow Watch!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow, Love it or Hate it?

• Love it

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can anyone remember having this much snow so widely spread so early in winter? Here in manchester I only ever remember it snowing like this when I was at school in the early eighties and even then it was the last week before Christmas Holidays. If we are getting these cold winters of old when are we going to get the glorious summers I remeber in 1970's again.

:cheers:

AG

We've got a Toyota 4wd and its pretty good :thumb: also I've had the benefit of the proper driving courses for 4 wheel drive vehicles etc before I retired :!: everything from bog standard landrovers (good) to top of the range rangerovers (poor) :thumb:

.... but the one thing that many 4x4 owners tend to forget is even with all the advances in braking systems, ABS Intelligent systems, diff locks etc etc when you ain't got any grip for steering, braking or driving, through whatever cause, don't matter what you're in, you're knackered :roll:

Don't think 'cos you've a 4x4 you're bomb proof, 'cos if you drive it badly you're knackered, seen so many over the years who thought they were fine "it's a 4x4 they're built to drive in this" was a variation on a theme when we turned up to haul another one out of a ditch :? They're good, but only as good as the driver :!:

Baz Chaz said:
We've got a Toyota 4wd and its pretty good :thumb: also I've had the benefit of the proper driving courses for 4 wheel drive vehicles etc before I retired :!: everything from bog standard landrovers (good) to top of the range rangerovers (poor) :thumb:

.... but the one thing that many 4x4 owners tend to forget is even with all the advances in braking systems, ABS Intelligent systems, diff locks etc etc when you ain't got any grip for steering, braking or driving, through whatever cause, don't matter what you're in, you're knackered :roll:

Don't think 'cos you've a 4x4 you're bomb proof, 'cos if you drive it badly you're knackered, seen so many over the years who thought they were fine "it's a 4x4 they're built to drive in this" was a variation on a theme when we turned up to haul another one out of a ditch :? They're good, but only as good as the driver :!:

well said :clap:

4x4's are only as good as the driver - and the tyres :thumb:

I've watched several shiny new 4x4's fail to get up snowy roads, which my 18 year old Hilux, with much newer General Grabber AT2's on just sailed up so easily :mrgreen:

I took this one earlier. No-one is attempting to get in or out. That was about 2pm - we have had another layer since then. :roll:

Snow1-12-10.jpg

We had a bit more last night. Here is the difference between yesterday and today.

Snow1stDec2010a.jpg
Snow2ndDec2010a.jpg

Winds changing round to the south tomorrow so hopefully it might ease a little :idea: most areas round the south Lakes are reasonable now, certainly main roads OK :thumb:

Portsmouth got nearly 6 inches last night, can't think when it last snowed on the South Coast so early :eek:

I'll be honest though, I like it :party:

South Devon (or at least Newton Abbot) seems to be the only place it hasnt snowed, until last night. I'd estimate we got about 2mm :rofl:

Mind you, I'm supposed to be driving to Hampshire tonight so we'll see how that goes...!

Ceejay said:
South Devon (or at least Newton Abbot) seems to be the only place it hasnt snowed, until last night. I'd estimate we got about 2mm :rofl:

Mind you, I'm supposed to be driving to Hampshire tonight so we'll see how that goes...!

It's still snowing in Hampshire...

adrianmole72 said:
Its coming down like a melonfarmer here in Swadlincote...
Well there's a figure of speech I've never heard before :wha:

Just a bit sleety here on the outskirts of Wolverhampton.

Moley,

"melonfarmer" was a replacement for the rather coarse "motherf****r", as used in abundance by Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop when shown on ITV at 3pm on Christmas Day

Stephen

Thanks for that :rofl:

Incidentally, I came to w**k in the wife's car this morning as I've got a good mechanic next door and I only get to drive that car when it needs money spending on it. :(

It's lighter than mine and has wider tyres, goes like sh!t off a shovel when the roads are good but I really don't like it in the slippy, what a difference.

Ceejay said:

Got a dusting in exeter as well - all melting though :D

Latest posts

Back