THBF Spring Thing 2011 - Competition Results & Prizes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lancsSteve said:
2 others - 3 in total...! (Wish I;d spotted event in advance to get one or two in that category!). Did you use WLP351 in yours Aled?

I used WLP300 - low pitching rate and open fermented at 16C. It fluffed up nicely and looked like a bubble bath!!

Dunfie said:
I think you need to own up and give credit where its due Aled. I have heard from a reliable source that you sourced your hops from a kind local brewer who helped you out in your hour of need (and he also sent you away with a couple of beers). :whistle: :lol:

Ye...I have to admit...I went on a mad dash to Dunfie's to get some hallertaur hops from him...he has a freezer full of brewing stuff :cry: I'm not jealous. that reminds me I owe you some hops :hmm: I have some simcoe maybe for one of your APAs :?:

Farmbrew said:
lancsSteve said:
2 others - 3 in total...! (Wish I;d spotted event in advance to get one or two in that category!). Did you use WLP351 in yours Aled?
I used WLP300 - low pitching rate and open fermented at 16C. It fluffed up nicely and looked like a bubble bath!!
I used WLP300 as well . . . My grist was a 50/50 Pilsner/Wheat malt, and lost out to you as it wasn't wheaty enough :hmm: Might try adding a touch of Munich next time to increase the grain character. I pitched 1 vial into 65Litres and at 12C allowing it to rise to 18C over a few days . . . Surprisingly I didn't get a massive meringue . . . but I did get loads of Banana and Clove.

But I used my own Hallertau Hops :evil:

Congratulations to all the prize winners and to everyone involved who made this a successful event. Saturday was great and it looks and sounds that a good time was had all of the weekend.
Looking forward to it again next year. :cheers:

Just Put My order in at Craft Brewer with My Voucher.

Have
1pkt RIKAWA
1pkt Motueka
& 1pkt Nelson Sauvin

Hops on thier way, now to work out how to use them on some beers for the next comp :wha: I need to up my game :D

UP

Quick update on vouchers..

Barley Bottom and Craftbrewer Vouchers have been recieved and sent out by PM

Malt Miller, BrewUK & Matchless should all be out in the nextday or so.

Cyclops prizes I will PM once I have confirmed arrangements :thumb:

unclepumble said:
Just Put My order in at Craft Brewer with My Voucher.

Have
1pkt RIKAWA
1pkt Motueka
& 1pkt Nelson Sauvin

Hops on thier way, now to work out how to use them on some beers for the next comp :wha: I need to up my game :D

UP

Excellent UP, wasted no time at all :thumb:

I might think about getting a brew on in the next few weeks ready for next year, lol

There were some great entries and i must do better, lol

Cyclops said:
I might think about getting a brew on in the next few weeks ready for next year, lol

There were some great entries and i must do better, lol
ready for next year dont think if i made 1 now it would still be around by next year

Latest posts

Back