The Craft Beer Co.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to try it :) When are you planning on going? We could critique them together :) PM me if you like.

It's very near the Jerusalem Arms, the only pub in London to sell St. Peters.

I've been to their Clerkenwell pub many times. Great venue and great beer. Try their pork pies - delicious. The ceiling in this pub is worth a look at.

Pjam said:
It's very near the Jerusalem Arms, the only pub in London to sell St. Peters.

This gets a mention by Ron Pattinson in his Mild book, for one of the London pubs still selling mild

Pjam said:
I'd love to try it :) When are you planning on going? We could critique them together :) PM me if you like.

Cheers Pjam. Nice idea, but it was actually only a few hours after I posted that I went!

Massive choice. This picture doesn't even show the 6-8 handpulls, or bottles:

20140222_132553.jpg

I tried only three. It was the start of a stag do, and we were (sadly) moving on quickly.

Stone IPA (keg): uber-hop AIPA. Very nice, but I wouldn't want too many.
Kill Your Daughters (keg): I can't even Google the brewery that made this, though it was IMO a bad example of keg beer. Lemonade-like fizz and bland.
Revolution Blonde (handpull): My best of the three. Very hoppy, but not sickeningly so.

I would love to have tried more. They even had a geuze on tap. I've got a bottle of Kernel Export IPA to try at some point, seen here on tap near the front.

The staff were OK, though didn't exactly go out of their way to share any knowledge about the beers.

I was a wee bit disappointed that they don't have live beer menus on the website.

These are the kind of places that you would go a little out of your way for, particularly if you knew you were likely to get a particular brew you've been looking for.

Oh well. Staff in London Pubs/Resturants/shops etc are not very motivated. Comes from earning £1100 a month and having to pay £1000 a month in rent.

Been to their Islington pub a few times and love it. I find it has a better atmosphere and more room than their Clerkenwell & Britxon pubs.
Great range of beers on. :thumb:
One of my favorite pubs in London, but a bit out of the way for me.

morethanworts are you thinking of Kill You Darlings by Thornbridge?

Wouldnt mind seeing a few more breweries represented on the cask side of things - seems like they have about 8 (or 10?) cask ales, but all from the same 3 breweries.

I could have sworn that the Cask Pub and Kitchen nr Pimlico was owned by the same guys, but looks like its not on their website. :wha: Worth checking out too as its very similar.

Not a massive fan of the Jerusalem Tavern, have been a few times but been very underwhelmed by the quality of the beer. Odd because I love the bottles of St Peters I've had.

Swift Pint said:
morethanworts are you thinking of Kill You Darlings by Thornbridge?

YES! I'm sure that was it, thanks. Oh well, I got two out of the three words correct - not bad if you'd seen the duration of the night ahead! :D

:drunk:

I see it's a Vienna lager, reddish brown and presumably forgiven for being a bit more fizzy than the ale I had expected I assumed it to be. Nevertheless, pretty bland stuff despite the apparent late hopping and general attention to brewing methods.

Back