The Haul

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalmickey

Reaction score
I thought id share my experience of good fortune with you which i went to collect last night.

I posted a request for DJs on the Crawley Freecycle group and someone replied saying that they had 6 or 7 in their loft which theyd get down for me along with a few related bits and bobs. However when i went to collect them there were a few more bits and bobs that i expected.

Heres what i scored

12 DJs with a box of about 20 bungs and airlocks (some are cork, can i still use em?)
24 clear white wine bottles
24 green red wine bottles
12 black champaigne bottles
A boots beer barrel with a chill jacket
A fermenting belt and insulating jacket for a large fermenting bin;
A wine press (the heavy guage style cylinder style with perforated sides)
2 hydrometers, a thermometer
lots of glass measuring cylinders with large pippetts
a biscuit tin full of wine corks still in their packets
3 wine corkers (2 hinged style 1 bike pump style)
a wine filter (looks like a flying saucer)

plus a load of tubes, taps and stoppers

and a large bag of books containing the none other thann the holy bible CJJ Berry : First Steps in winemaking

Whos a luck boy then?

I just hope i can do all this kit justice.

Now my only problem is how i sneak them into the house.

Neil

ericstd said:
You might even get up to "Moley's" level with all that lot!
Right on his doorstep, and for nothing, he's got me beaten.

Nice haul :thumb:

Get'em cleaned up and back into service ASAP :cheers:

I just gotta work out how to use all this stuff.

theres a hydrometer in a glass tube with a bubble on the end?

and the filter may take some figuring, do they use something like coffee papers or a gauze its like two funnels one on top of the other two outlets on one side and one on the other.

Right im off next door to start filling em up. and whilsst your all here can anyone point me to a red wine recipe from juice i can try. Ive got a vimto on the go...well blackcurrant cordial (high juice) but would like an alternative to compare it to.

will keep you all posted.

Neil

evanvine stop
don't chuck freecycle/ebay or leave on your garden wall with a note theres always someone that wants them

mosh said:
evanvine stop
don't chuck freecycle/ebay or leave on your garden wall with a note theres always someone that wants them

:thumb:

PS. Mosh - did you get my PM? Not sure if it has actually sent as it's in my 'outbox' but not in my 'sent items.......' :wha:

Thats a good haul. . . . . Cussword was on the recieving end of something similar last week . . . Jammy Devil ;)

Latest posts

Back