The Homebrew Company

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oneflewover

Landlord.
Reaction score
I ordered some bits and bobs late last night over t'internet - the order included crushed wheat (because I find it a pain to mill) and uncrushed barley. Phone rang about half nine this morning, The Homebrew Company wanting to know if I meant to include both crushed and uncrushed malt! Also chucked in 500g rye (milled 😉) I'd forgotten to include in the original order at no extra cost. Soooooo impressed with their service 👏

I ordered some bits and bobs late last night over t'internet - the order included crushed wheat (because I find it a pain to mill) and uncrushed barley. Phone rang about half nine this morning, The Homebrew Company wanting to know if I meant to include both crushed and uncrushed malt! Also chucked in 500g rye (milled 😉) I'd forgotten to include in the original order at no extra cost. Soooooo impressed with their service 👏
Totaly agree there nice and very swift with delivery

And their delivery is currently the cheapest for me at the minute.

They are very good, and reasonably priced, especially with the 10% discount recently. I'll have to explain to the OH in a couple of days how my corny kegs have bred.
Only negative is you have to pay delivery; there's no £ threshold for free delivery.

I ordered a bunch of English hops from them this monday, since my usual Swedish online shops have some serious issues getting the 2021 crop in.
Will probably get them next week, but they seemed good, processed and dispatched my order really quick and given their already lower price + discount the cost including shipping ended up pretty much the same as if I had ordered from humle.se.
Might use again for hops.

I ordered a bunch of English hops from them this monday, since my usual Swedish online shops have some serious issues getting the 2021 crop in.
Will probably get them next week, but they seemed good, processed and dispatched my order really quick and given their already lower price + discount the cost including shipping ended up pretty much the same as if I had ordered from humle.se.
Might use again for hops.
They're brilliant. It seems to be a standard delivery charge of £12.95 for up to 30kg to France so I get most of my malt there, too. If I only want hops or yeast I go to CML as the delivery is between £3-£4. If you can buy on £ on the UK website it works out a tad cheaper than buying in € on the ie website.

I was not too impressed by the malt they had, I can get a better selection here in Sweden.
But the hop selection was top notch, I have a bunch of hop plants that will be delivered this spring, but I will still need to buy hops, and thehomebrewcompany are definitely an option.

I find they have a good selection of malts and their delivery speed is mustard. Unfortunately their crush is too fine for my set up so I’ve had to stop using them.

I tend to order all my malts in bulk and plan about 9 months in advance (6-8 brews). The homebrew company is normally the cheapest way for me to buy, when everything gets added up. Mostly because of the cheaper malt price if you go for 10kg or 25kg sacks.

Ressurecting an old thread as it occured to me that I haven't ordered from HBC Ireland since Brexit: am I liable for VAT when the order arrives or is everything covered at the checkout?

Latest posts

Back