The Leaning Stilton of Eccles take two.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good have to do one
you gunna gone and made me get one of me mozzarella's out

not quite stilton but
garam massala mozzarella i got out tonight and put on me pizza
it's home made with olive oil and hand full peanuts in it an poked oil and garam massala home made injected into it with plenty of chilli
just ready this evening fantastic cheese
peanuts and cheese yummy
didn't know cheese was owt to do with brew but home yes

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm Mozzarella :grin:

Well 2 weeks on it is beginning to look like mouldy cheese.

Salford-20131111-00005_zpse860b5fc.jpg

Its blue with fur on it, but I have high hope that I will get a stilton for Christmas Day :party: :party:

So does the fur die back a bit as it matures then?

Or do you need to wash the rind once it's suitably tough?

Fascinating thread; kind of like extreme sports without leaving the house. I hope you have an upstairs and downstairs loo for Boxing Day, or are you planning on testing on the cat first?

Joking aside, I wish you luck with this project, and will follow with interest, albeit from a distance, and upwind :D

I think V the end is Neigh for this cheese. It si showing signs of turning into a camembert instead :lol: :lol: I don't think it will last till christmas :( . Its four weeks old on monday i should easily age to 12 + weeks 8 being my ideal.

Cheese making is far harder than AG, at least with AG you are likely to get something drinkable. :lol:

graysalchemy said:
I think V the end is Neigh for this cheese. It si showing signs of turning into a camembert instead :lol: :lol: I don't think it will last till christmas :( . Its four weeks old on monday i should easily age to 12 + weeks 8 being my ideal.

Cheese making is far harder than AG, at least with AG you are likely to get something drinkable. :lol:

You didn't taste any of my spiced blush WOW :sick: although technically that wasn't AG. Plus I'm not sure I'd want a drinkable cheese. I prefer something that will stay on my oakcake.

Why not just think of it as blue brie?

Well it is now the ripe old age of 7 weeks, so I have gift wrapped it up to take back home for the wife :whistle: ( that way she may appreciate my new obsession).

So here it is, far from perfect but hopefully the inside will look and taste better than the outside does.

IMG-20131224-00075_zps1da496eb.jpg

Baguettes are fermenting as we speak ready for baking tonight.

I had to position it to photograph as it has a split in its backside which I happened to get a bit larger when I knife accidently slipped inside :whistle: :whistle:

Latest posts

Back