The Millis Brewing company Ltd...South darenth...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Egon

Reaction score
I used the good beer guide on my trusty iphone the other day and found that there was a brewery less than a mile away from where i lived!
Odd, i thought....shot down there and discovered one of Kents best kept secrets....

Millis Brewery, south darenth.
http://www.millisbrewing.com/

They have an off sales and sell in 1,2,4,10* & 20* pint units (*have to be pre ordered) of 5 different ales:

Gravesend Guzzler 3.7%
Kentish Best 4.0%
Kentish Red 4.3%
Dartford Wobbler 4.3%
Kentish Gold 4.7%

I have tried the Wobbler, the Red and the best. I have to say, i havent tried anything quite as nice as the best.
Smooth, with a lovely aroma and a great after taste, it just begs to be drunk in vast quantites!! :)
John is a thoroughly nice bloke and you can tell his heart and soul is in the brew. Not expensive and extremely helpful.
A small unit with big taste!
Have a look at the off sales times and get down there and treat yourself to some outrageously good brews.

By an interesting coincidence I was chatting to folk at work and one chap was reminiscing how his Dad used to go to a tiny off licence that more closely resembled a pub, but you couldn't drink in it, and he'd get a 5 pint plastic barrel filled with beer from a pump at the bar, and take it home to drink in front of the tv.

Seems it was a fairly common way to supply off licence beer down that way (Hull) that has now largely died out...

Yeah, i have been to John's also which was only 2 months ago. I work in Crayford, so not such a huge bind to get to the 'Farm' that was interesting to find! Sadly i can only get out after 5pm to get there, if only he stayed open beyond office hours :party:

Back