The new arrival (60ltr conical) conversion

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vossy1

Landlord.
Reaction score
It's been a long time since we had any new arrivals at the V1 Brewery so the arrival of a new 60ltr conical was well overdue :whistle: and had to be posted about :lol: here she is
CIMG6761450x600_zpsb763bf4b.jpg
CIMG6765350x263_zpsea5bd13f.jpg

The tank was £60 from Tanks UK and it has the added advantage that should you not wish to use the lid that comes as 'standard' it has a 3" flat/horizontal band around the original lid circumference making changing the lid a doddle :party: (see pic above). The lid is a 270mm polycarbonate disc cut by The One Stop Plastic Shop and it's held in place with 8 x M6 A2 stainless nuts and bolts through the body, with a silicone sealing washer on the bolt flange. The lid has 16mm holes drilled through it and those pass over the M6 nuts on the bolts, a washer and M6 wing nut then hold the lid in place compressing the seal between lid and body. Their 40ltr has the domed upper body right to, and under the lid, as per my other conversion, which makes it a little tricky to fit a new lid. The picture above doesn't show a seal which is a piece of joined silicone tube, as the glue (food grade silicone mastic) is still drying. 60 will be getting calibrated today and may even see use this weekend :hmm:
[b]EDIT[/b]
For a great conical racking arm 'how to' see Alemans here :cool:

Vossy1 said:
60 will be getting calibrated today and may even see use this weekend :hmm:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Go On Tell Us Another :hmm:

ps - can we have a close up photo Vossy ? Of the bottom section showing the valves and attachments ?

Cheers - really looks the business :thumb:

A

Vossy1 said:
Doing they do the stands too? Can't really see on the website
Yup, £55 ;)...if thinking about it, ask for Rich, mention JP @THBF as it helps narrow down demand areas for him.
£55?? Think I'll make me own. Unfortunately can't get any atm but definitely in next few months when I expand, I'll remember to mention ya

£55?? Think I'll make me own. Unfortunately can't get any atm but definitely in next few months when I expand, I'll remember to mention ya
I don't think you can argue with that price w, box section, band, prep, welding and painting, tbh I wouldn't sell them for that must be at least 3 hours labour, though naturally if you can make them yourself it's a no brainer... jammy bugger :mrgreen: :cool:
ps - can we have a close up photo Vossy ? Of the bottom section showing the valves and attachments ?
will do A, a few mins :thumb:

EDIT, thanks P ;)

Only reason I would argue is I couldn't afford it, your right it is very reasonable. Maybe I've just got a thing for raiding skips and making stuff. How do you go about keeping these warm, I presume they're a bit big for keeping in the house?

Blichmann 12 UK gallon SS conical from around £700 for the starting model :shock:

There IS definately a line but..... never say never........... ;)

A

Back