The next Malt buy by the South Cheshire Co-operative

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can now confirm that the next co-operative group buy will be in January

Unfortunately, Crisp have raised their prices by not a small amount, and the new prices are now on the website, these prices will apply for the whole of 2022

I have also posted a message from them regarding product changes and this year's harvest

In other news, as some of you will know, @chopps has now begun a new venture four priests brewery

Sadly, this means that he will no longer be involved with the organisation of the group buy. Chopps is a truly inspirational and driven man, and I am pleased to say that we will remain great friends. His brewery is bound to be a great success

So in future buys cjibbo will look after the money, DaveB and I will continue to be involved also

The website will continue to function as it did before and as ever any queries please email us at [email protected]

Best wishes to you all

OB

Now that the Christmas festivities are more or less over, some of you may be turning your minds to brewing once more

We are planning our next co-operative group buy for January time.

I have updated the website with 2022 prices, so please do have a look. Here is the link

If you are not sure how it all works, please read About Us

If you need any help choosing your malt, have a look at our choosing your malt page

As ever, any queries please email us at [email protected]

Put an order in for 2 bags. First time buying bulk. What do you store yours in?
Thanks Paul - received your order fine

This link is Crisp's guide to storing malt Crisp Brewing Malt Storage Guide | How To Store Your Brewing Malt.

I have not used these personally but they look good
1641589868760.png

I bought these Oipps 60 L Plastic Blue Open Top Barrel Keg with Lid & Metal Ring UN Approved Food Grade : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

They are very good - frankly, you could leave them out in the rain and the malt would be fine. Looking at what you ordered, these (below) would definitely be big

Some of the bigger grains need more space so might need more volume
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-St...efix=storage+barrels+with+lids,aps,290&sr=8-9
The best answer to malt storage questions is to brew more so you won't have to store the malt. Upto you what you then what you do with the beer :beer1:

Cheers Paul

Thanks Paul - received your order fine

This link is Crisp's guide to storing malt Crisp Brewing Malt Storage Guide | How To Store Your Brewing Malt.

I have not used these personally but they look good
View attachment 60899

I bought these Oipps 60 L Plastic Blue Open Top Barrel Keg with Lid & Metal Ring UN Approved Food Grade : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

They are very good - frankly, you could leave them out in the rain and the malt would be fine. Looking at what you ordered, these (below) would definitely be big

Some of the bigger grains need more space so might need more volume
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-St...efix=storage+barrels+with+lids,aps,290&sr=8-9
The best answer to malt storage questions is to brew more so you won't have to store the malt. Upto you what you then what you do with the beer :beer1:

Cheers Paul

Thanks for that I’ve been looking at those blue 60l barrels and they do look good. I think the 120l ones might be a bit big to get under my table so might order a couple of the 60l ones. Then anything that doesn’t fit will be made into the next batches of beer! Any ideas when the order is going in?

Thanks for that I’ve been looking at those blue 60l barrels and they do look good. I think the 120l ones might be a bit big to get under my table so might order a couple of the 60l ones. Then anything that doesn’t fit will be made into the next batches of beer! Any ideas when the order is going in?
Paul - as you know we need 40 bags, and are currently up to 22. I am estimating that it might be a couple of weeks yet before we actually submit the order

Hopefully some other forum members will have a look during this weekend 25kg Crushed Pale Malts

Thanks

What a great idea this is! Thanks for arranging it all. I've put my order in for a couple of sacks.
Hi T

Thanks - your order has not appeared on the website just yet - what time did you order it? If it doesn't arrive in the next 30mins I will let you know and perhaps you would order again please

Anyone else reading we are nearly at 40 bags (including yours T) - so if you are pondering - don't ponder for too long

Hi T

Thanks - your order has not appeared on the website just yet - what time did you order it? If it doesn't arrive in the next 30mins I will let you know and perhaps you would order again please

Anyone else reading we are nearly at 40 bags (including yours T) - so if you are pondering - don't ponder for too long
Yes - we do have No. 92 thanks - just thought I would check

I expect that the order will be going in during this coming week :groupdancing:

My order placed, does it pickup my user name automatically as I didn’t add it anywhere. For reference I ordered 25kg Maris otter and 3kg wheat malt.

My order placed, does it pickup my user name automatically as I didn’t add it anywhere. For reference I ordered 25kg Maris otter and 3kg wheat malt.
Yes CC - the order has come through - you have the honour of being order no. 100.

You must have signed in so information you have input previously knows who you are

acheers.

Hi OB - thinking of ordering a couple of bags this round, anyone Preston way already ordered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back