The Northern Craft Brewers April Meet, Saltaire Brewery 16th

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclepumble

Landlord.
Reaction score
The Northern Craft Brewers April Meeting 16th April 2010

We will be Meeting at Saltaire Brewery Shipley next month!

Saltaire Brewery was established in 2005 and is dedicated to the production of high quality, traditional English Ales. The World Heritage Site of Saltaire, famous for its Victorian industrial heritage, and home to Salt’s Mill, a showcase for a range of Yorkshire talents such as David Hockney, is just around the corner. Situated in an old generating hall that once provided the electricity for the Saltaire trams, the lofty Victorian architecture provides a perfect home to there specially commissioned 20 barrel brew house.

The meeting will consist of a short informal tour of the brew house, then retiring to the Bar for sampling of a range of their beers priced at £2.00 per Pint.
Members are welcome to bring their own bottled beers to compare/share and bottle swap.

Meet at 12pm in the bar area of the brewery, meeting until 4pm-4.30pm, I am told there is a good pub 5 mins walk down the road so we can retire their afterwards for a couple if desired.

Directions

By Car

From the centre of Shipley, follow the A6038 around the island opposite the 'Noble Comb' pub and take the right filter onto Dockfield Road at the traffic lights by the BMW motorcycle shop. Follow the road for approximately 300m, past the canal swing bridge on the right. Turn left immediately after Disability Advice Bradford (DAB) opposite the canal and Lexicon.

By Rail

Alight at Shipley station and make your way from the booking office down the cobbled approach to the A657 Leeds Road. Turn right and go about 300 metres up the hill to Dock Lane (on the left hand side of the road). Proceed down Dock Lane and pass under the railway bridge at the bottom, then bear right and follow the road to the swing bridge over the canal and cross it. Turn right here and turn left immediately after Disability Advice Bradford (DAB) opposite the canal and Lexicon.

By Bus

The 624, 625, 626, 649, 657, 658 and 659 bus routes, all pass the top of Dockfield Road. You should get off at the stop by 'The Shuttle' fabric shop on Otley Road and make your way along Dockfield Road for approximately 300m, past the canal swing bridge on the right. Turn left immediately after Disability Advice Bradford (DAB) opposite the canal and Lexicon

Drop me a PM if you Intend to come so I know numbers.

Regards

UP

Have a good one lads! I'll be in Florida so won't make it, but I'll try and make sure nothing gets in the way of the next meet! :D

Have a good one lads! I'll be in Florida so won't make it! Gutted as I live about ten minutes away! Awesome brewery, you're gonna love it! I'm gonna try and make sure nothing gets in the way of the next meet! :D

Ade, will you get paid for attending this one? :D

No I won't get paid! Though I'll be there early to do an hour or so of work which i will get paid for.

I'm on the fence at the Mo adrian, If I do come, I have a 2 1/2hr train ride to shipley, I then have to be on a train back from shipley at 2.20pm at the latest to get to Bolton Horwich Parkway for 16:50, & I would have to drag my 5 year old along with me for the day.

I hope you see why I'm on the fence :?

UP

unclepumble said:
I'm on the fence at the Mo adrian, If I do come, I have a 2 1/2hr train ride to shipley, I then have to be on a train back from shipley at 2.20pm at the latest to get to Bolton Horwich Parkway for 16:50, & I would have to drag my 5 year old along with me for the day.

I hope you see why I'm on the fence :?

UP

2 1/2 hours from Bolton for me also, but I've managed to get the time off looking after children. My other half is away for the whole of the Easter weekend and therefore can't really complain...

Just a quick note, we are not insured for children.

How that works with us essentially being a 'Private Party' I have no idea.

If I come I'm going to have to drive :(

I've got to get this slab finished though so I may very well have to cry off (again :evil: :evil: )

***UPDATE***

The Boss, Tony Gartland (Head Brewer) will now be attending and he's got offer!

Bring him a Bottle of your home brew, marked up with your name and contact number, and he'll give you a free Pint of Saltaire Beer (he prefers Full Mash brewed beers and Extract rather than Beer kits).

See you there :)

Beers ready and waiting are: (not sure how much people will drink)

Beer settled for 4 handpulls is:
Firkin of Saltaire Blonde
Pin of Hazelnut Coffee Porter
Pin of Trio
Pin of Nuptuale (reserve)
Pin of my own Double Oat Pale
Half a Firkin of Triple Choc Stout (Reserve)

Latest posts

Back