The Xmas food thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vossy1

Landlord.
Reaction score
It's traditional to have a Christmas food thread so here it is :grin: ...show us yours
Here's our free range Bronze Turkey all trussed up ready to go :party: ...little hounds watched carefully for any scraps.

Well its in the oven so no picture but a 5lb turkey breast, with a piece of belly pork to give us crackling and some tasty fat for gravy. Pigs in blankets, stuffing (sausage and sage & onion), cheesy leeks, suede and carrot mash, sprouts, cabbage, runner beans, broccoli, cauliflower, Yorkshires. Happy days.

Vossy1 said:
It's traditional to have a Christmas food thread so here it is :grin: ...show us yours
Here's our free range Bronze Turkey all trussed up ready to go :party: ...little hounds watched carefully for any scraps.

that is a piece of art V, stunning man! merry xmas!

my 3 rib 3.5kg of 21 day beef. on a bed of onions with just salt/pepper with a bottle of my old brown cherry for basting and gravy. got all the trimmings (no sprouts)

will post another when it comes out the oven going for medium rare :pray:

ROB...my all time fav, having a 2 rib tomorrow, mother in law cooking it for the 1st time :shock: ..she better get it right :lol:
Tesco's have finest ROB 21 day matured half price over xmas...they also do it at easter...might just have to buy another vac pac 4 ribber :hmm:...nothing like the proper brown stuff from proper butchers though...have to leave it out a while for that :roll:

Vossy1 said:

ROB...my all time fav, having a 2 rib tomorrow, mother in law cooking it for the 1st time :shock: ..she better get it right :lol:
Tesco's have finest ROB 21 day matured half price over xmas...they also do it at easter...might just have to buy another vac pac 4 ribber :hmm:...nothing like the proper brown stuff from proper butchers though...have t leave it out a while for that :roll:

for the money it should be good £42 and there is only 2 of us but its going to make lovely sandwiches

The menu for us today is:

Scallops on black Pudding slices
Roast belly of pork with spiced red cabbage, roasted parsnips and spuds and squash&potato garlic mash
And creme brulee for afters.

2h35m basting every 30m . if the gravy is any thing to go be its going to be good

Vossy1 said:
What time do you want me there iceo :lol: :mrgreen:
Turkeys in, time for another pint :drink:

sorry you can keep your turkey . your more than welcome vossy but im not going to let you in the house :twisted:

We had an M&S duck with M&S sossies-in-bacon, stuffing etc
They do a decent gluten-free range of christmas foods
But when we collected it all on Monday they forgot to give us the christmas cake
So they sent it up the next day, 25 miles, by taxi !!!

Now waiting for it to be time to take the MiL home so I can get sozzled after

I'm stuffed! my bro's fiancée made a ham and we ordered an m&s turkey with all the trimmings, still got pud to go but not got any room!

Have just got back home after My meal in the local pub which was dreadful. Even worse than I expected it to be (it was my sister-in-laws idea which we went along with). Never again.

Real Christmas food looks like the pictures above. What we had looked more like road kill. After 1.5hrs between courses the desert finally arrived with the excuse 'sorry but we only have two microwaves'. I think that summed it all up for me. :evil:

I will be doing it myself next year to make sure we get something decent to eat!!

Just back from brothers, we supplied the meat (obviously) and we had a copas turkey, big gammon and all the trims.

The brother in law made a toblerone cheese cake that was epic.

after the oven wouldnt work properly i got rare beef and my roast pots took 2 hours to cook. i managed to finish dinner

and just for vossy the leftovers

dish on the left is cold cuts and sandwiches and the right is for stew/pie and the bones have need striped and now in the freezer

Latest posts

Back