The youth of today.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see kids raised and schooled with a sense of responsibility for their own environment like they are in Japan - the schools don't have cleaners, the kids have to clean the classrooms and corridors themselves every day before they go home. Drills into them that it's not worth making a mess as you only have to clean it up yourself.

I agree about teaching kids to have respect for their environment and consideration for others that use the space, but I don’t think the pressure to conform that is engendered in Japanese society is particularly helpful either.

Financial anxiety and insecurity are compounded by Japan's culture of not complaining.

"There are not many ways to express anger or frustration in Japan," says Mr Nishida.

"This is a rule-oriented society. Young people are moulded to fit in to a very small box. They have no way to express their true feelings.

"If they feel under pressure from their boss and get depressed, some feel the only way out is to die."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-33362387
I know I’ve drifted from the original point somewhat, apologies if this isn’t appropriate.

I agree about teaching kids to have respect for their environment and consideration for others that use the space, but I don’t think the pressure to conform that is engendered in Japanese society is particularly helpful either.

Financial anxiety and insecurity are compounded by Japan's culture of not complaining.

"There are not many ways to express anger or frustration in Japan," says Mr Nishida.

"This is a rule-oriented society. Young people are moulded to fit in to a very small box. They have no way to express their true feelings.

"If they feel under pressure from their boss and get depressed, some feel the only way out is to die."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-33362387
I know I’ve drifted from the original point somewhat, apologies if this isn’t appropriate.
Yeah, I'm very familiar with how Japanese society works, and wouldn't recommend the pressure that's put on kids in a lot of other ways. Teaching respect for, and encouraging ownership of, your immediate environment is shown to work though.

I'd love to see kids raised and schooled with a sense of responsibility for their own environment like they are in Japan - the schools don't have cleaners, the kids have to clean the classrooms and corridors themselves every day before they go home. Drills into them that it's not worth making a mess as you only have to clean it up yourself.

As a teacher, I'd like to say they certainly are schooled to have a sense of responsibility for their environment. The children I teach these days are acutely aware of the damage single use plastics, pollution and littering have on their area and the planet.

We also spend lots of time teaching about the risks of too much screen time, poor diets and hygiene, but we are fighting a losing battle.

But there's a growing number of middle aged yobs who children are yobs because they know no better.

This is the key issue I think. At school this week, a couple of shirtless kids (14 or 15 yo) walked across our school field towards us and our children - taking a short cut. We told them it was private property and they couldn't be there. Their response? "So? Who's going to stop me?"

Before covid I couldn't, I certainly can't now.

The youth have always been youth and will push past the boundaries of what is socially acceptable. The issue is where the older generations have set those social boundaries. Bigoted, uncaring and no social compass, the "I'm alright Jack F you" Thatcher generation have a lot to answer for with the society they created.

This.

I genuinely think if society as a whole went "right, we will all hold people to account in public", we'd be in a better place. People are afraid of being abused or attacked, and to be honest, if they were, the culprits probably wouldn't see justice.

I was once in Ventnor on the Isle of Wight and two teens were walking a dog on the beach. The dog took a ****, and the boys walked off and left it. A woman on the esplanade shouted at them to clear it up. The conversation went like this.

"Oi, you can't leave that there."
"what?"
"The poo, you can't leave it there."
"oh yeah, I know, but I haven't got any bags"
"you came out to walk your dog without any bags?"
"I know, it's not ideal."
"Do you have any bags?"
"No. There's a row of shops back there."

In the end, one boy went to get the bags, while the other stayed with the dog. Just talked them into a corner. Having a few witnesses probably helped.

The conversation went like this.

I have a feeling if that happened here it would have gone something like "Why don't you go f**k yourself you nosey cow" asad1

Its not just the youth as the title says it pigs of all agers.

Coronavirus: Easing of lockdown sparks rise in litter in Wales 'Devastating' effect of litter rise after lockdown

1593261440593.png

1593261459392.png

1593261479893.png

These crowds should be hosed down with cat's ****. Or something sticky. A mix of molasses and manure might do the trick.

they should be strung up by the ********
The girls are no better!

It was ever thus..............

"History Begins at Sumer," by Noah Kramer
(Philadephia, 1981); chapter 3. It contains a translation of a Sumerian
essay on Juvenile Delinquency, c. 1700 BC, the first known such case.

The text begins with the father asking his son:
"Where did you go?"
"I did not go anywhere."
"If you did not go anywhere, why do you idle about? Go to school,
stand before your 'school-father', recite your assignment..."

The entire text is quite long, but ends with the father saying:
"I, night and day am I tortured because of you. Night and day you
waste in pleasures. You have accumulated much wealth, have expanded far
and wide, have become fat, big, broad, powerful, and puffed. But your
kin waits expectantly for your misfortune, and will rejoice at it
because you looked not to your humanity."

These types of pictures seem to be common all over the country the last couple of weeks and all include nitrous oxide canisters. Idiots.
Same in Netherlands. Over 60 people already have a damaged spine because of this, some of them permanently crippled.

The thing is you can't even punch someone in the face these days for being an arsehole...they go from being dead big and clever to moaning about their rights and feelings or something...

It certainly is a sorry state of affairs these days.Maybe im just getting old and miserable, but getting the black board wiper thrown at you or a slap with a plimpsole for playing up at school never done most of us any harm.

Just a small example of no bloody respect these days......The national trust just put about 12 benches out along the river thames walk, a few days later some ****hole though it was cool to scribble all over it with a permanent marker pen.

Thankfully 10 mins of rubbing down with 60 grit paper removed it.....rant over.

Latest posts

Back