Three New Wines Bottled Today

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatDad

'Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat'
Reaction score
'Old Tart' Lemon Wine is now ready. 10.5% on this medium sweet wine. Suitable for desserts or for light drinkies on a summer's evening in the garden.

12636889_10201314554183619_862254429_o-457.jpg

Tea and Raisin wine. Nice 13% on this one with a nice pleasing taste with depth, a good one for sharing as a little goes a long way. Don't think you would guess where the alcohol came from if you didn't read the label. Rich and slightly velvety.

12631202_10201314554783634_2001074755_o-456.jpg

Blackberry wine made from berries picked from my own back garden, picked by my own fair hand in late summer/early autumn 2015. Tasty wine suitable for all occasions at 12%. Tastes like a red grape wine with a subtle after-taste of blackberry. I'm pleased with this one too.

12630995_10201314546943438_1097218556_o-455.jpg

They look lush, like the labels too. What program did you use for the labels and do you have a recipe for the lemon version pls.

Looks good and lovely labels :thumb:

I like blackberry wine and was gonna do some from our blackberries and we normally have them on the bushes for a couple of months with more than enough to go round, but last year they seemed to only be on the bush for a few weeks and what got picked ended up in pies n crumbles n jam, boo hoo!

Looks good and lovely labels :thumb:

I like blackberry wine and was gonna do some from our blackberries and we normally have them on the bushes for a couple of months with more than enough to go round, but last year they seemed to only be on the bush for a few weeks and what got picked ended up in pies n crumbles n jam, boo hoo!

It was while looking at Jam recipes last year for the blackberries I came across the idea for making wine with them (and making mead) and this is how I got started on this whole home brewing lark and it has all snowballed from there and has become quite a hobby for me.

I usually make crumbles and pavlovas with the blackberries but made wine this year (and some pavlovas).

I'm going to give the blackberry a go later this year. Also anyone know any good cherry and plum wine recipes? Ad I always end up with loads of both.

Your wine looks lush dude.

Latest posts

Back