Timothy Taylor Landlord bready taste?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jampot

Reaction score
Having made over 10 ag's now, I have learnt alot and feel I am slowly getting there. However one thing I feel I dont understand well is what in beer I am tasting. For eg I really enjoy a pint of TT Landlord down my local and I recently made the clone from the GW book. Sadly, one of the main characteristics of the beer is completely missing and that is the "bready" after taste. This taste is also in Hopbacks GFB beer but not in their summer lightening. Its hard to work out how to rectify the recepie when i am unsure wheather it hops or yeast or the process that needs refining. I have used lots of differant yeasts and hops but I am yet to make a beer myself with this bready taste which is frustrating. I hought it might be styrians as they are used in both gfb and landlord but not so sure now.....

Not being an AG guru I would say , at a guess , a yeast issue . However , how are you conditioning and serving your beer ? Could this difference be something to do with the pubs draught differing from how you are doing it ?

Sorry , wild guesses :(

I would suggest using an english style yeast.... WL002 or WL005 would be a good example... 002 being slightly sweeter... either would work well for a TT clone...

:cheers:

Can they be added straight to the wort? How about Wyeast I have used Wyeast London III but no bready taste from there...

Back