tom caxton instructions?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephent

Reaction score
i have a Tom Caxton Yorkshire bitter kit in the FV and i have lost the f'in instructions.

Gravity is down to 1010, so almost time to bottle or keg.

Never done a bitter before, so i'd like some advice now please.

Where do i go from here? Add finnings? Prime bottles at all?

Thanks

If its at 1010 for the last three days Stephent I'd bottle and prime mate. I have the instructions for a Tom Caxton real ale from my note book, which is the same instruction, but I would place in a warm room for at least seven days not two as per instructions, but I do like a fizz in my beer. Then in a cool place for three weeks

TC0002.jpg

Hope the scan has worked

Sean

Scan has worked, thanks alot mate.

Do you add finings to your bitter at all?

If you ad sugar and prime the bottles wont the bitter become fizzy like lager?

I wouldn`t bother adding finings to a kit brew - if you do though they may take a little longer to condition as there will be less yeast in suspension to convert your priming sugar into CO2 :thumb:

Glad I found this post! I just went to do my Caxton's kit (the previous attempt went wrong) and found that some pikey b**tard has taken the instructions, yeast and hop sachet from under the lid!! Is the hop sachet that important - it would have been nice, I guess, but now I have made my yeast starter from Nottingham yeast - which fortunately I had in - I want to get it on tonight.

HOW PIKEY IS THAT - NICKING THE BITS FROM A BEER KIT!!

i am drinking my first tom caxton kit. i am impressed. it is really lovely and clear so no need for finings i would say, unless you can see it is very murky.

i bottled at 1.009 using 1/2tsp of sugar per bottle. i put it on the warm landing for 6 days and then checked it. it is fizzy enough for me. (i have a half pint glass of it in front of me now. i am down to the last 1/2 inch in the glass and it still has a slight head.)

this is a really bloody lovely brew.

i have another tomcaxton in the tub which i will bottle on sunday most probably-it should be ready by saturday but 6nations is on ;-)

Back