Too late now...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Another late corny convert here, like @Rodcx500z I have taken the plunge with a starter kit from Brewkegtap.

I went for the sodastream keg kit with pluto gun and upgraded ODL regulator.

I have been considering 10L mini kegs since I started brewing smaller all grain batches but realised I could get a corny in my smaller cold crash/beer chilling fridge and maybe later get some mini kegs to which I can transfer under pressure if the corny starts reproducing.

I will still be doing some bottling and using my two elderly Boots barrels ( which are bulletproof and I love )
but I'm looking forward to getting familiar with the ways of the keg !

Not quite ready to go down the kegerator route yet as I already have two fridges and I want to keep the larger one as a double fermentor for now, but we'll see how it goes :laugh8:

Another late corny convert here, like @Rodcx500z I have taken the plunge with a starter kit from Brewkegtap.

I went for the sodastream keg kit with pluto gun and upgraded ODL regulator.

I have been considering 10L mini kegs since I started brewing smaller all grain batches but realised I could get a corny in my smaller cold crash/beer chilling fridge and maybe later get some mini kegs to which I can transfer under pressure if the corny starts reproducing.

I will still be doing some bottling and using my two elderly Boots barrels ( which are bulletproof and I love )
but I'm looking forward to getting familiar with the ways of the keg !

Not quite ready to go down the kegerator route yet as I already have two fridges and I want to keep the larger one as a double fermentor for now, but we'll see how it goes :laugh8:
Hi Tanglefoot, i have a habit of doing things back to front as in i bought the big gas bottle first then i ordered the corny kit and am now weighing up a fridge :laugh8: i also have 3 pb's so no rush, i just realised i also have 2 soda stream bottles, i might email them to see if i can upgrade to the soda stream kit then i can take a corny on static caravan holidays

Hi Tanglefoot, i have a habit of doing things back to front as in i bought the big gas bottle first then i ordered the corny kit and am now weighing up a fridge :laugh8: i also have 3 pb's so no rush, i just realised i also have 2 soda stream bottles, i might email them to see if i can upgrade to the soda stream kit then i can take a corny on static caravan holidays

Think you might just need the sodastream adaptor for the regulator you get in your kit Rod.
I'll probably end up also getting some mini kegs I can stick in the house fridge or for party take outs/picnics etc.
It's all a bit of a minefield of options, just have to get a foot in the water !

"My order from Brewkegtap has been shipped" !

Should arrive tomorrow, also ordered a Mangrove Jack's 10L minikeg from Brew2bottle as they were about to sell out again.

Got an American pale ale about to dry hop which will be first candidate for kegging 🍻👍

The eagle has landed !
Just sorting through my nice shiny new kit, the regulator looks a real quality piece of kit athumb..

Will give it a run through with water this weekend before I attempt to fill it with beer.
About to dry hop a pale ale so looking forward to my first kegged beer.

What I have found with the bkt standard reconditioned cornies is that the are actually very good quality. I reckon they grade them cautiously. Each one of mine, the tubing, and the fittings, has sealed perfectly. I don't think you'll be disappointed 🙂

What I have found with the bkt standard reconditioned cornies is that the are actually very good quality. I reckon they grade them cautiously. Each one of mine, the tubing, and the fittings, has sealed perfectly. I don't think you'll be disappointed 🙂

Pleasantly surprised to find the keg came pressurised which I take as a good sign.

Back