top of plastic barrel keeps cracking

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eightball

Reaction score
Hi

I have a small barrel, not quite sure what the volume would be, couple of gallons? It has a 2.5 inch screw cap with a s30 valve.

I have used it twice now and both times the screw cap has cracked around the sides of the top in a circle, almost completely coming off. Has anyone had this before, am I doing it up too tightly?

Thanks

the inner O ring? if so, yes you are - they just need to be hand tight. lightly lubricate with a little vaseline to get a firm seal if you're struggling.

in the meantime you should be able to get a replacement O Ring at your LHBS for under a quid.

No no, the actual lid. Inner ring remains fine. Sorry, I have pictures but no idea how to get them to go on the post.

I'd say you possibly have a defective barrel then. Sounds like the threaded part on top is not a perfect circle. I'd try to get it exchanged

To add piccy's to a post, first you need to load it to an external site, I use Photobucket but there are others. then when you want to show and image you need to click on Img above and paste the link to your piccy.

Hope this helps, if you have not posted much - less than about 10 postings then you may have problems, one of our admins will be able to help with that.

[EDIT] I see you have posted 16 posts then you should be ok to insert images.

Latest posts

Back