Totton twin head pump

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyclops

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just bought a twin head pump to create a whirlpool at the end of the steep stage of the boil. This will be at around 80C so within the specs of the pump. It is a bit of a beast and rates at between 5l-50l a minute.

Would it be possible to connect the pump in series, out one head into the other to force more pressure though it? It is a mag driven pump too.

??dunno, i would try a restricting nozzel on the return to speed up and increase the force of the liquid returning to create the whirlpool first? its cheaper ;)

am planning something similar and intend to drop down to 3/8" then 1/4" fittings for the return to hopefully achieve a similar result..

Looking at the the schematic both sides are the same, part number wise, and looking at it they also supply a cross bar as you were alluding to to join the heads up. I'm not sure if 2 heads pumping at the same rate connected in series increase flow or head height, hopefully someone on the forum will, sorry I can't be more help.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem anyway if not, I am planning on using it for whirl pooling and maybe even whirlpool the hlt to get an even temp

Latest posts

Back