• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

TRADE: Belgian Beer & Food Magazines

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavaChild

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a complete set of 'Belgian Beer & Food' issues to date. I first learnt of this publication during a weekend in Brussels and found it very interesting. It is written in English and is a quarterly publication.

Each issue sells for €6 and I have all five issues released so far, including the latest released earlier this month.

For more details about this see the official website at http://www.belgianbeerandfood.com - You will notice that issue #3 is sold out on the website so if you're somebody that has a preference for complete collections this is a good opportunity.

So, why do I no longer need them? Well following my visit I ordered a full set that I wanted to keep with my other brewing and beer memorabilia. Unfortunately on the way from Belgium they took a bit of a bashing - Nothing serious but the odd crease and nick to the spine, etc. Maybe disappointing to a 'collector' but nothing to concern a casual reader. Unfortunately the result of some poor packaging. This aside they are completely unread and in otherwise great clean condition. The seller has resent me a set which have got to me in better condition and therefore the first set are surplus. Many may well consider these to be as good as any magazine you would take off the shelf in a shop (and without somebody having thumbed through it first) but I wanted to be completely open. I've tried to take a photo of an example of the damage (and this is as bad as it is gets, this is the only mark as significant as this with other issues much better). As I say, I'm sure you'd be very happy with them.

Given the helpfulness of the seller I do not want to try and sell these at anywhere near the €30 value and instead I'd rather see them go to a good home. None the less, it would be nice to see something for them especially given they'll cost a fair bit to post on I suspect... So I was hoping somebody might have something to trade? An unwanted brewing book? Other brewing/beer publication? Etc.

Note: I have received several messages expressing interest elsewhere in this item with nothing to trade. At a loss as to what price to put on the items I had originally hoped for a trade. I realise this option might not be possible for those interested.

After some thought I think a price of £10 delivered is fair. My reason? This would allow me to purchase 'Brew Like a Monk' which would a very appropriate trade for these magazines - Currently listed on Amazon for £9.36 delivered at the time of posting (sold and despatched by The Book Depository Ltd, a company I've used many times who are reliable and ship from the UK - they sell this item directly on their own site for £13.48 so this is a good price!).

My preference would be that the buyer orders this item and has it delivered directly to me. This option saves the buyer on postage which they would have had to consider if they had taken part in a trade, while also saving me the hassle of dealing with PayPal or bank transfer fees and the time headache. (Another reason I hoped to avoid a cash sale is that given the headache receiving money can be I hardly considered it worth my while for the few pounds received as a result).

I will cover postal costs and would be happy (particularly in the example purchasing the book on my behalf) to send the magazines first so that the buyer (a) bears no risk when ordering the book and (b) can assess the condition of the magazines meets my descriptions.

Let me know! :-)

vCXMsdA.jpg

rr8xiMc.jpg

Any offers? The previous interest appears to have disappeared without word...

Latest posts

Back