1/2 TC bulkhead connector 1/2 BSP.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to replace a stainless ball valve with a tri clamp connector for a half inch hole?
I'd like to swap the ball valve for TC fittings on my stainless fermentor?
Cheers.

Do you mean like this?
IMG_2428.jpeg

Looks like it should work if it seals. When I tried an alternative tap I couldn’t get it watertight.

Do you mean like this? Looks like it should work if it seals. When I tried an alternative tap I couldn’t get it watertight.
+1 to the difficulty of getting a seal especially through a bulkhead. In my experience that type of fitting shown relies on the flat end face (top of pic) sealing up against a flat washer, hence not much good for going through a bulkhead :-(

What are you thinking a 1/2 running nipple with flat nut and silicone washer either side? @Buffers brewery
Yes, but as TETB says, you need to think about leaks along the thread. What I’ve done with other fittings in the past is to take a file to the outside sealing face, in this case the face of the BSP female thread, to achieve a nice flat surface. Then fit the running nipple using liquid ptfe

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-ptfe-liquid-50g/5321j

Give it a couple of days to cure off. Then silicone or nitrile washer over thread before passing it through the hole and fitting a washer and nut on the inside.

Latest posts

Back