• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Grainfather G40 for sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Health problems force me to sell my Grainfather G40 kit (it is too heavy for me to manage now). It is in perfect condition, and was bought 14 months ago. It is absolutely complete, with counterflow chiller etc. and the original spare gaskets kit.

It has had the pipework extended to fit a second tap: this allows the vessel to be emptied without going through the pump (and also allows more effective reverse-flushing of the pump). It comes with some extras: an SS Brewtech Mash Distribution Manifold and a second lid, which is fitted with a standard 4" pipe socket for steam extraction. It is fitted with a (home made) double layer insulating cover. It also has a fitting to allow the bottom screen to be fitted after mashing - this greatly reduces the amount of trub carried over into the boil.

I do not have any photos at present (I have just come out of hospital), but I can take some in a day or two if anyone is interested. I am looking for £750 by bank transfer. Collection from southern Gloucestershire (just off the M5 between Bristol and Gloucester). I still have all the original packaging, so if a buyer wanted, it could be picked up by a van courier (at the buyer's risk and expense). I have used Shiply.com in the past and found them very good.

I will be happy to answer any questions. I have not sold items on this forum before, but I have over 1300 positive feedback on Ebay under the user name raydotee.

Hi, sorry to learn that you are having to give up brewing. I’m 2-3 hours drive from you) so I would not be willing to pay your asking price, if you haven’t sold it already and you would like an offer or decide to auction it on eBay, please let me know.

Hi

I am prepared to consider an offer and look forward to receiving your reply. I should also add that I have a heavy duty (DIY) trolley which I am happy to include with the G40. This has lockable casters and lifts the G40 enough to enable a standard size bucket to fit under the tap.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back