Transfer from boiler to fv

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchf14

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a new biab setup which I used for the first time last night. When I transferred the wort from the boiler to the FV I dropped dropped it in from the tap to the FV. The FV Sat directly under the boiler so the question is, will oxidation be a problem here?

Doing kits it is beneficial to get oxygen in the wort, how will this pan out?

I also had problems with my thermometer which led me to delay the yeast pitching by 3 hours. Any potential problems there?

This is the stage where you want to get loads of air into the wort before pitching the yeast so this aeration going into the FV is what you want.

No. It is exactly what you need. O2 is a requirement for the initial stage of fermentation. it is about 24 hrs into the fermentation that O2 is no longer your friend.

All sounds good to me
I drain strat to fv,oxygen good for yeast growth

Three hours is very unlikely to cause a problem. As long as you pitched a healthy amount of yeast it should be fine. Keeping the lid on will definitely help avoid infections.

Yes lid was on and I'm happy to report that we have a vigorous fermentation started. Nicely swirling.

Latest posts

Back