Turbo cider not clear

Discussion in 'Wine & Cider Discussions' started by EVVO, Jun 21, 2016.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. Jun 21, 2016 #1

EVVO

EVVO

EVVO

Made a turbo cider and it had had been fermenting at 20deg for 1.5 weeks when I went away for a week. I left it fermenting because the OG was 1.058 and 1.030 before I left and very sweet. Made a quick trip home today and SG 1.000 tasting good but very cloudy. I am away again for a few days and was going to cold crash it to 3deg before I left to try and drop the sediment.
    Any comments or suggestions welcome. Especially advice on what to do if the cold crash doesn't clear it. Apart from drinking cloudy cider of course....

2. Jun 24, 2016 #2

Roddy

Roddy

Roddy

Landlord.

When in bottle my tc's, they're always cloudy but clear nicely in the bottle during carbonation

Have you done a few of these ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. Jun 24, 2016 #3

Dutto

Dutto

Dutto

Dutto

4. Jun 24, 2016 #4

EVVO

EVVO

EVVO

Roddy. This is my second turbo cider. The first 1 was cloudy and very dry but very drinkable.
    Recipe 1: 19lts Asda Smartprice apple juice, 3lbs Aldi clear honey, 6 Bramley apples (blended), 3tsp yeast nutrient, 3tsp Pectolase, 3 bag stewed tea, sachet youngs cider yeast.
    Recipe 2: As above but no Bramley apples and cider yeast replaced with Youngs super wine yeast.
    I left out the blended Bramley apples as I thought that was what caused the cloudiness.
    Dutto. Used Pectolase and as this cider tastes better than my last I will now get it into a corney and drink it however it comes out. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Thanks for the replies.
    Cheers
    Steve

Dutto likes this.