Twin regulator leaking

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottM

Landlord.
Reaction score
I got a twin regulator from Norm a few months back, I only recently (last month) used it along with the corny kegs etc that I got at the same time (I was lazy in getting gas).

Anyway, after very little use (less than 1 month and around 30 pints) it would appear that it's bitten the dust. I'm wondering if this is a common problem/easy fix.

If I set the primary regulator at 20PSI and turn the gas on it'll float up to around 25psi with a constant leak. If I turn the gas off it will settle down to 20PSI and hold firm. It's only when I have the gas turned on that it's constantly leaking. This leads me to believe that the valve to shut off the gas isn't working and therefore it's over pressurising the keg, which the bleed valve then allows to vent.

If I left it turned on it would drain the entire bottle.

Any ideas? Tips?

I've taken it apart and one of the seals seems to have disintegrated (not quite the refurbished unit that was described) so I need to either replace the seal or replace the cartridge.

Trouble is I'm having some real difficulty locating any reliable spares for regulators in the UK. Anyone have any tips on where to look? It's a TINY little seal that goes onto the pin of the cartridge.

Cheers

I have, but unfortunately he's not back till the 26th June. I'm guessing he's off on his hols :D

Well Norm did it again. Sent me out a couple of repair kits, swapped out the cartridges and BINGO working again.

Great credit to Norm and his service, stands by the items he sells which is first class.

Back