Twitter campaign

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimw86

Reaction score
Got a tweet on the company account earlier from someone who has set out to shame "that shop we can not mention" and the post about them on the money saving expert forum has bloody exploded with complaints. Kudos to whoever is doing it, after reading some of the complaints on the forum im stunned they havent been closed down yet!

Will be following that with interest.

Now you must realise that THBF can't condone this action and that this thread is likely to get deleted or locked down before the morning's out. I'm not doing it just yet though, that can be Admin's call.

Momentum is gathering, if this is going viral on social networking sites it could now be unstoppable, but if this company is forced under there will be many people who are currently trying to cancel orders or claw their money back who are going to be left out of pocket.

I have prepared an unbiased summary on this company and what now appears to be happening because I feel there are things our members have a right to know, but I am awaiting Admin's permission to post it.

Anything which exposes THBF to threat of action or closure will be taken down immediately, please leave this to the folks on moneysavingexpert.

I must stress that I have no personal gripe against this company and have never had any dealings with them. I'm lucky, I get my AG brewing supplies on next day delivery from maltmiller and I have easy access to a proper local homebrew shop for my winemaking needs.

How big and powerful is this company??? Most of the websites and forums appear to be afraid of their legal clout. :hmm:

Surely if they're doing wrong to people they haven't a leg to stand on in the courts... :wha:

They won't scare Martin Lewis and his legal team... MSE :thumb:

BB :drink:

So how does this Twitter thing work then?

I've just registered an account, and I can see what OHBCo have tweeted, but how do I see what twits are tweeting back at them?

In case you hadn't sussed it, I haven't got a clue about this sort of stuff, wife created me a facebook account some months ago to help her with some millionaire game but until a few minutes ago I didn't even know the login details.

BarnsleyBrewer said:
How big and powerful is this company??? Most of the websites and forums appear to be afraid of their legal clout. :hmm:
Having read the thread on Money Savings Expert it does appear that they have a link to a solicitors (via directorships . . . and reading between the lines at Companies house ;) ) consequently they have 'free access' to legal advice and any letters that get sent are couched in legal language making them a lot more intimidating that they really are ( . . . In all probability)

Moley said:
So how does this Twitter thing work then?

I've just registered an account, and I can see what OHBCo have tweeted, but how do I see what twits are tweeting back at them?

On the main twitter page you need to search for their twitter name in the search bar at the top, ie @OxxxxxHxxxbxxx (censored!) this will show all tweets people have sent them or any tweets that have mentioned them using their handle.

I would link to the search results here, but cant without including their name etc.

Sparge Pervert said:
On the main twitter page you need to search for their twitter name in the search bar at the top, ie @OxxxxxHxxxbxxx (censored!)
I must be missing something then, I only see Brian and Shelter_Helper, with nothing added recently.

I hope Trustpilot sort themselves out soon.

Moley said:
Sparge Pervert said:
On the main twitter page you need to search for their twitter name in the search bar at the top, ie @OxxxxxHxxxbxxx (censored!)
I must be missing something then, I only see Brian and Shelter_Helper, with nothing added recently.

They would have deleted the Tweets is my guess.

Essex_Lad said:
Moley said:
[quote="Sparge Pervert":1ual8h99]On the main twitter page you need to search for their twitter name in the search bar at the top, ie @OxxxxxHxxxbxxx (censored!)

They would have deleted the Tweets is my guess.[/quote:1ual8h99]

Click on 'view all tweets' at the bottom of the page - then you start to see how many people have had enough it seems

Got to love this Tweet:

"Should find out the truth before making unfounded statements unless you are involved. We have been set up by a competitor"

I nearly spat out my NOG when I saw this :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If "they" have been set up then call the relevant authorities, Office of fair trading, or whoever's department it is, then again somehow I doubt "they" have been set up

its my first post but no way they have been set up they took £308 of me and im still waiting

Essex_Lad said:
Got to love this Tweet:

"Should find out the truth before making unfounded statements unless you are involved. We have been set up by a competitor"

I nearly spat out my NOG when I saw this :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That was the claim they made when they were trading as BIY when threatening legal action to all and sundry. ;) . . . Now to reply .. . . or not to reply :hmm:

Welcome RockHopper. Sorry about your experience. Hope you get it resolved. However, I am sure further discussion will be deleted. But we would welcome your input into the rest of the forum.

RockHopper said:
its my first post but no way they have been set up they took £308 of me and im still waiting

Go to trading standards these people need to be outed.

Back