Ummm not high alc per say but still...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devonhomebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Birdwatchers Wash

Recipe
Approx. 5 kg sugar
180 ml tomato paste
Juice 1 lemons
50 grams fresh regular bakers yeast.
Water

Procedure

Keep careful notes from start to finish for future reference.

Carefully mix paste, juice, say 3 kg sugar with 15 liters water at 30C.

Carefully add water and 2kg sugar to bring mixture to 23 liter, With a SG of 1.090-1.100
Temperature of finished mixture should be 30C-35C to start.

You should now have 23 liters of mixed ingredients.

Carefully sprinkle 50 grams of yeast over surface, stirring in.
Place cover and airlock on to let CO2 escape, keeping flying nasties out.

Check SG and temperature daily 20-25*C (Any lower you will get a stumped fermentation and i know what people will say dont ferment that high because you will get fusel alc. Its the only way to make it work and finish out dry it works much better at 37*C as most enzymes/fungi/bacteria like to work at but thats way to high for human consumption)

Stir daily

After a total of 7-8 days SG should be .995. If not, wait until completion.

Rack off to secondary fv. Do your usual additions of campdem and others then clear with finings and also use activated carbon to remove any impurities the high fermentation temp. has made. (This is the only product i will buy from the turbo yeast company's I am 100% against using turbo yeast for anything.)

I dont know why bakers yeast mate its just wjat the recipe called for it was a little bit tomatoey not gonna lie next time i make this im thinking of not having sooo much tomato in the wash. Although the carbon does rip the flavours out of it so its still a neutral tasting drink which is easily flavoured with those little bottles of flavour.

Not understanding what you mean mate. All it is is a harmless post about helping yeast? :lol:

Latest posts

Back