Unnecessary journeys

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The health secretary has suggested we don't make unnecessary journeys tomorrow due to the ambulance strikes, when was the last time you made a journey you didn't need to? :?:

With the price of fuel and everything else going up i doubt many of us go for a drive just for the sake of it.

The health secretary has suggested we don't make unnecessary journeys tomorrow due to the ambulance strikes, when was the last time you made a journey you didn't need to? :?:

With the price of fuel and everything else going up i doubt many of us go for a drive just for the sake of it.
Well, many years ago we used to live in Haworth, W Yorks (yes Bronte country) but I worked in Bradford

One day I saw an evening coach trip from Bradford to a mystery location and booked a couple of seats, for my wife and I

So I finished work early and travelled from Bradford to Haworth to pick my wife up, then back to Bradford to catch the coach

Can you guess where the mystery location was? - yes Haworth!

So we travelled by coach back to Haworth, and went home

But because the car was in Bradford we then travelled back to Bradford on the coach so that we could drive back in the car in order that I could drive to work the following morning in Bradford

I'm not getting the connection, don't make a journey because the ambulances are on strike - why?

Because you might trip and fall, or have a crash or fall off a bike? Is travelling that dangerous all of a sudden? I thought they were still doing emergency calls!

Because you might trip and fall, or have a crash or fall off a bike? Is travelling that dangerous all of a sudden? I thought they were still doing emergency calls!

Strikers will do catagory one or two calls I guess they are trying to take as much pressure off as they can but as I said I doubt many of us do the unnecessary journeys they are asking us not to make.

I'm not getting the connection, don't make a journey because the ambulances are on strike - why?

When I had a suspected heart attack recently, it was a 5hr minimum wait for an ambulance, get a lift or a taxi they told my friend.
So my Mrs drove for an hour to pick me up and take me in, then you had to stand for an hour to get through the covid testing to get into the hospital, thank feck it wasn't a heart attack!
God help anyone who gets ill if there are strikes on.

I had a heart attack 26-3-22 ambulance arrived within 20 mins they got me hooked to what ever they do then did a covid swab, then off to local hospital they confirmed it was a heart attack but their cardiac unit is closed at weekend they got me stable and straight off to manchester royal were i went straight in and had a stent fitted all within 3 hours, 2 days later i was home 4 weeks after iwent back and had a second stent fitted and home the same day, i do really think it is were you live to how quick you are treated

Latest posts

Back