Using Sparking Water in your brews...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanglish

Reaction score
Popped to the shop to buy water (we're in a hard water area) for a quick 5L of the Robinsons Squash summer alcopop.

Anyway it must have been in the wrong place because I picked up bottles of SPARKLING water instead of flat. If I use this am I going to stuff up fermentation? My initial thoughts that it shouldn't make any difference - it's only water and co2 isn't it? Is it worth degassing them or am I worrying over nothing. Thought it was worth asking before potentially stuffing something up.

Any help appreciated chaps / chapesses :cheers:

Edit: Hmm, it seems not
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5426

Wish I had something to check the PH with. Wondering if it's still worth going with it anyway...

That other thread seems encouraging. I reckon I would be prepared to give it a go considering the costs involved as worst cae, it isn't a big loss.

Your brew will need oxygen in it to get going which is probably severely lacking in something with so much co2. Giving it aq good whisk to put o2 in will get rid of the co2 i would have thought. I may be wrong though. :thumb:

Degassed it mostly and just going to use it. C'est la vie. Will report back.

Hi, just pour it from a height into the receptacle,this should get rid of most of the CO2.

Latest posts

Back