Vinbrite filter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyhibbett

Landlord.
Reaction score
Running costs are a little high at 80p per pad, and, effectively, per gallon for best results. However, since my alkaline tap water needs to be filtered to be palatable and make tea and coffee taste good, I use a jug filter.
The mark 3 instructions state you should run half a gallon of water through the pad prior to filtering wine, but the pack of pads state 1 gallon, presumably an update., so I use that.
This gives a gallon of filtered water which can be used as above or used for winemaking.
You can get an analysis report from your water supplier. The one I got stated, of course, that the water was safe, but the analysis was rather disturbing!

tonyhibbett said:
The mark 3 instructions state you should run half a gallon of water through the pad prior to filtering wine, but the pack of pads state 1 gallon, presumably an update., so I use that.
Vinbrite have said 1 gal of water from the year dot, to my mind it would be the 1/2 gal that's the update!

Latest posts

Back