watering wash down.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave0w

Regular.
Reaction score
if i was the half the the total ABV of my wash is it just a case of added 21L of what ever to the 21L of wash?

Let's say i have 21L of 30% but i want to end up with 15% do i just double the amount of liquid in the wash?

OK
I've had a think on this one,

DK bumped the post as he didn't know the answere ( no mention of distilling is not allowed ) comment,

I posted a reply, which after seeing DK's reply ( distilling is not allowed ) post, I edited my post,

well I am posting again what I originally posted as I did not mention distilling,

My post,,,,,
dave0w said:
if i was the half the the total ABV of my wash is it just a case of added 21L of what ever to the 21L of wash?

Let's say i have 21L of 30% but i want to end up with 15% do i just double the amount of liquid in the wash?
my reply was,,,,,,,,,
there are calculators for this, on certain sites on the internet :) ;) :whistle:
so No I did not mention Distilling, so why the Distilling not allowed post after I posted my reply

Rant over, Goodnight :D

Well the answer to the original question is simple enough, if you had 21 litres at 30% and added 21 litres of water you would indeed have 42 litres at 15%.

How you expect to achieve a 30% wash is beyond me, as is why you would then want to water it down :wha:

Most Alcotec yeasts will yield a clean 15% wash.

Discussion of anything else is still against forum rules so please refrain unless the new owners should decide to relax things.

Moley said:
Well the answer to the original question is simple enough, if you had 21 litres at 30% and added 21 litres of water you would indeed have 42 litres at 15%.

i did think that was right but wasn't 100%, thanks for the help. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back