we have a lot of newbies lately

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of people get given kits as Christmas presents. My LHBS sells bucket loads before Christmas. The main thing is they are all welcome here.

I was in my LHBS just before Christmas and there was a young lady getting a couple of starter kits made up as prezzies for her brothers. If there is just one customer like that in every home brew shop in the country (and online) its easy to see how the number of brewers increases.

***edit*** I forgot to mention she was quite pretty too.............which was nice.

Zedilly said:
I was in my LHBS just before Christmas and there was a young lady getting a couple of starter kits made up as prezzies for her brothers. If there is just one customer like that in every home brew shop in the country (and online) its easy to see how the number of brewers increases.

***edit*** I forgot to mention she was quite pretty too.............which was nice.

Ohhhh that explains why you noticed her then ;-)

Following my brewing antics, one of my colleagues bought her 18 year old son a starter kit & a book on brewing (no idea which one though). He's yet to start it. lol

I had a sceptic friend up tonight for a few beers and he was amazed how good my beer was and he's gonna try a kit out for his self, the home brew community is growing and it's for the best because we make nicer beer than the commercial places and for a fraction of the price so it's all good, bring on the revolution

I'm hoping to run a brew class for friends and get at least someone else to start brewing, if only so I can drink their ciders for a change :whistle: :lol:

Gayle said:
I'm hoping to run a brew class for friends and get at least someone else to start brewing, if only so I can drink their ciders for a change :whistle: :lol:

I wish I could get my friends into it, they just think I do it because im tight.

Well, they ain't 100% wrong......... :D

The Nottingham brewers group has nearly hit 100 members too. Not quite the same level as thbf but we are getting there.

Had some xmas money left over then saw a mate of mine who said he was brewing some homebrew also said how good the quality was these days. So i thought why not!
been drinking more ales and bitters these days so seems like perfect hobby cant wait to sample and also have mates round to sample i imagine its quite satisfying saying "i made this"
:drunk:

pronger1 said:
Had some xmas money left over then saw a mate of mine who said he was brewing some homebrew also said how good the quality was these days. So i thought why not!
been drinking more ales and bitters these days so seems like perfect hobby cant wait to sample and also have mates round to sample i imagine its quite satisfying saying "i made this"
:drunk:
yes you are right mate , it's even better when they really like it , i went to a family party a few weeks back , i'd taken 10 bottles but only managed to drink 3 of em as the rest went with my mrs uncles having a go and now i'll have to take 30 or 40 next time lol

Great innit - i have already tempted 3 new home brewers after they have tried my kits so far - they are amazed by the quality. As am I, i had a few Coopers Euro Lagers last night and they knock the spots off Stella :cheers:

Slightly off OP....For me, its not the price you have to pay in a pub, or the quality. I like going to the pub for the "social" side, but when Im drinking in a pub, at the back of my mind is "Im paying HOW MUCH for this?, My beer is better than this", so I dont really enjoy my night.
But the main thing with HB is that you can sit back and say " I MADE THAT"

Wendy1971 said:
well said but the pub prices are steep :thumb:

Couldn`t agree more....So where does the blame lie in the demise of the pub trade.

1, Over taxation
2, Have the big breweries brain washed us into drinking massed produced, tasteless ****
3, Greedy Landlords/tenants
4, the general lack of disposable income
5, Or have consumers cottoned on to he fact that they can make a better product for themselves

I joined as this is a really informative and busy forum with a lot of very friendly inmates!

As for trying homebrew, I've always fancied it and saw an article online which got me Youtubing, where I came accreoss CraigTube and thought "this looks like my kind of hobby"! Nothing to do with cost at all, I just like interesting drinks, especially non mainstream! I'm a big (75+ bottle collection) whisky drinker, especiallly single cask and special releases so the big attraction with homebrewing is that you are able to make every batch slightly unique!

R

johnnyboy1965 said:
Wendy1971 said:
well said but the pub prices are steep :thumb:

Couldn`t agree more....So where does the blame lie in the demise of the pub trade.

1, Over taxation
2, Have the big breweries brain washed us into drinking massed produced, tasteless ****
3, Greedy Landlords/tenants
4, the general lack of disposable income
5, Or have consumers cottoned on to he fact that they can make a better product for themselves

6, All of the above.

Latest posts

Back