We're part of a frugal lifestyle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I for one can't afford to buy beer ready made, so I make my own, the fact that it usually exceeds the bought stuff on taste and strength is just a bonus for me.
I buy ingredients every 3 months, and even at that it is a struggle to afford it, I know I could cut down my drinking, but it is my only "vice" :wha:
I def. could not afford to drink as much if I was an extract brewer :thumb: But can't see me going back from AG now, after nearly 20 years :tongue:

I agree, only problem I have is I drink more because I have access to it more easily ;-)

There are cost considerations of course; but the huge sense of satisfaction you get from making your own and sharing with SWAMBO is the main thing for me. :D

bobsbeer said:
I wonder if they take the cost of shiney pots into account.

If it's about a frugal lifestyle, then no - but you can brew kits with next to no kit, and you can start AG brewing with very little kit too if you know how, so I guess all the extravagant brewing stuff we love to aquire won't ever form part of the equation - but as hobbies go, brewing certainly produces far more practical results than oh so many other hobbies that suck in money :cheers:

Latest posts

Back