What are you listening to tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😲 assume that wasn't cheap?
It wasn't no. Slightly over £2k but nearly £400 of that was delivery ashock1
They are made by a bloke called Kent Viles in Colorado and he only does 100 of each run, so it's a case of pre-order and wait.
It is a cracker of a guitar though. A resonator with a Bigsby tremelo and a "b-bender". :cool:

A great outfit for sure.
I was lucky enough to hear the writer of this song, John Hiatt, perform it in Pistoia, Italy back in 2012.

As for Sara Watkins, I've been a little bit in love with her for years due to her work with her brother Sean and mandolin player Chris Thile in their band Nickel Creek.

I was also lucky enough to meet Sara at a solo gig she played at the Errigle Inn, Belfast in 2016...
For those that subscribe to the "pics or it didn't happen" set... :cool:
View attachment 93534

Check out Nickel Creek's excellent Tiny Desk Concert here:

Very envious! :D

Grateful for Christmas by Hayes Carll.
A Christmas song about real life...
Hayes has written some great songs and I think this is one of them.

Saw Hayes last year, was a great gig.
Excellent! I saw him a few years ago in Belfast where he nervously played "She left me for Jesus" after calls for it from the crowd. He said, "I didn't think I should play this one here, I know you people are kinda sensitive about religion and not everyone gets irony". :D

I was pissing water out of my eyes when he played Help Me Remember.
What a song and such a poigant subject for so many people.
He's one of those songwriters, much like the late John Prine, that can make you laugh or make you cry.
Sometimes both in the same song.

Time to lighten the mood, so I've put on this wee Todd Snider song that seems appropriate to a brewing forum. :D

Beer Run.

Screenshot_20231222-193728.png

Mark Knopfler with a lovely wee song about aging...

Side note: Mark is playing a signature Pensa MK90 guitar in this clip. I know where there is one of these for sale at the moment and I am sorely, excruciatingly and most painfully tempted... to buy it.

Last edited:
Or I was until my amplifier died 3 minutes in to side A of the album. It was a cheap Chinese valve amp off eBay. I was planning to upgrade the stereo now I’ve more time to listen to Vinyl. Looks like there’s a trip to my local hi-fi shop in my near future.

electric six - turquoise.... as my son doesn't have a cd and mrs DOJ bought him their latest on CD :roll:

DOJ to the tech rescue with CDEX 🤣

Electric 6 are my son's de-heritance tracks to me.....

dance commander
synthesizer
hi-voltage
down at mcdonaldz
dance pattern
lucifer airlines
I buy the drugs

so many great tracks , brilliant wordplay

switzerland is a good album to start your journey, the band in hell (I'm sorry), germans in mexico etc....

Ive seen them twice with my boy and once 'dick valentine' was waving a baguette in the air whilst extolling the virtues of cardiff whilst some one in the crowd was wearing a south american military dictator uniform and obviously he was the dance commander(he was dancing). I still question if this occurred or someone had slipped an illegal substance into my beverage

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back