What are you listening to tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s a Project phono stage in the mix at the minute, it’s just out of sight. I’ll be using some of my pension lump sum to upgrade the whole lot to something based round a moving coil cartridge in the next month or so.
That explains how you got any sound from it then. 😊
Choosing an MC setup will be cool day out.
Sounds like a trip to Lyric Hifi is on the horizon then... If so a word of warning. They have a concession shop in there these days selling really good quality guitars, so don't take the whole lump sum with you! :laugh8:

That explains how you got any sound from it then. 😊
Choosing an MC setup will be cool day out.
Sounds like a trip to Lyric Hifi is on the horizon then... If so a word of warning. They have a concession shop in there these days selling really good quality guitars, so don't take the whole lump sum with you! :laugh8:
Yep, Lyric it is. I’m looking forward to finding out a what point I stop hearing improvements in sound quality. The budget won’t run to a Linn system but you can still get into plenty of trouble with Rega. My son has his eyes on the Planar 1 and Monitor Audio speakers, he’ll need to sort out his own amp now.

Yep, Lyric it is. I’m looking forward to finding out a what point I stop hearing improvements in sound quality. The budget won’t run to a Linn system but you can still get into plenty of trouble with Rega. My son has his eyes on the Planar 1 and Monitor Audio speakers, he’ll need to sort out his own amp now.
Indeed, Rega can hoover up your money very quickly!
I may have mentioned before on the forum but I have a Rega Elicit-R, nowhere near the top of their range and obviously an MM phono stage but it is a fantastic amp.

My old Planar 3 I've had for 40 years. ashock1

I have a Planar One Plus, which has a built in phono stage. Nice and clean.

Have quite a pile of records building up I've not listened to yet. May rectify that at the weekend.
Hard to beat a vinyl play day. :D
I'm in the same boat to some extent. I've been having a pile of work done to the house over the past couple of years so the hifi has been put away. I've still been buying albums though. 😊

Deadwing - Porcupine Tree, now the turntable is up and running again

IMG_2811.jpeg

Can’t get enough of Steven Wilson at the minute. I’ve got The Harmony Codex vinyl on the way from Amazon and it’ll be the first play when the new turntable arrives in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, this track was one of the high points from todays brew day.

Latest posts

Back