What have you been cooking in your air fryer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have bought another as we didn’t have enough room to cook everyone’s food and there was a queue 😂

97D29826-668E-4495-9D7A-E0B294859BA2.jpeg

We decided to buy this version as there is only two of us here most of the time and it was £60 cheaper than the ninja.

I love the look of that! Hopefully the glass won't be a pain to clean for you.

That is everything I wanted combined into one - the clear screen so you can keep an eye on the food and dual zones as well. Wish I'd seen that one before and I'd have put it on my possible list. Having said that though, I'm very happy with my ninja.

The Cosori however is cheap looking and clunky but it has several advantages over the other type.

I think people will have to look carefully when buying this one. On Argos there's 2 models of this size, the stainless steel one is £170 and the black one is £200. I assume you're having the stainless one. They're both very good-looking machines.

Last edited:
Having said that though, I'm very happy with my ninja.
To be honest if my son spent more time here we would have bought the Ninja you bought but the smaller one will be fine for us, i do like the windows but i bet they are a pita to keep clean.

I like the fact it preheats both sides then tells you to add the food when its done, later it tells you to turn the food, i don't know if the ninja does that.

To be honest if my son spent more time here we would have bought the Ninja you bought but the smaller one will be fine for us, i do like the windows but i bet they are a pita to keep clean.
Deffo yep. I’ve banned anyone putting mine in the dishwasher too, as it’ll wear the non-stick off much quicker and then it’ll be useless.

I like the fact it preheats both sides then tells you to add the food when its done, later it tells you to turn the food, i don't know if the ninja does that.

You see I don’t like the forced preheat because I don’t think you can turn it off. Generally speaking, preheating is not necessary, unless you’re doing a steak or something. I think it’s a waste of power.

I was watching the YT channel I mentioned before and she did a review of six different air fryers, and the Instant brand did the forced preheat. I can link the video if you would like.

I’m glad I didn’t buy that brand then phew, cos that would have bugged me. I can’t stand anything that holds me up, especially Jim 😂

Tonight’s tea was a good one.

Had bbq chicken burritos and crispy kale.

In the burritos I put:-

Shredded cooked chicken
Sweetcorn
Black beans
Lime juice
Bbq sauce
Cheese
Fresh coriander

It was so fresh and lots of goodness in it.

9DE02B90-EFBB-413A-8E15-E638FC5EF19A.jpeg
29F633CF-A986-4E25-9AB2-5764E8A31167.jpeg

You see I don’t like the forced preheat because I don’t think you can turn it off. Generally speaking, preheating is not necessary, unless you’re doing a steak or something. I think it’s a waste of power.

When we used to use the power air fryer XL we could never get decent chips as we never pre heated it properly we used the dual air fryer tonight and they were perfect i assume because it was at the correct temperature when we added the food.

Pre heat is an essential part of the cooking process, i have never seen a top chef use a cold oven or grill or fryer, for me i find if you don't pre heat the food is over cooked and dry but, that's just me also i cook veggies were the water is boiling first, but each to there own

My food isn’t over-cooked and dry rod and I never pre-heat. Ain’t nobody got time for that lol. I use a stick thermometer to check the internal temperature of foods and they always come out perfect.

Made some chicken today and it was succulent and juicy. The food is only overcooked if you overcook it. It’s about choosing the right time and temperature for whatever you’re making.

My ninja is amazing at even cooking and if you shake and check the food at regular intervals that helps even further.

For example, the other day I made two batches of toasted sandwiches. The second batch cooked 1 minute faster as it was already hot. But I’m not gonna stand there for 5 or even 10 minutes waiting for it to preheat to gain 1 minute. Bonkers.

Everyone should do what works best for them anyway.

Last edited:
I didn’t say you did. I was just explaining why my food isn‘t dry etc.

I dare say that pro chefs don’t exclusively use air fryers.

I’m aware I have limited experience but my main air fryer gets hot extremely quickly, doesn’t have a pre-heat button and doesn’t need pre-heating. It has 2470 watts. My little cheap one however does have a pre-heat button, and I believe that they want you to do that to make up for the lack of power it has.

But what do I know?

Pre heat is an essential part of the cooking process, i have never seen a top chef use a cold oven or grill or fryer, for me i find if you don't pre heat the food is over cooked and dry but, that's just me also i cook veggies were the water is boiling first, but each to there own
Surely that's because its a busy kitchen environment and the oven etc are oj for hours.

This is why bbq is so good, would you light the coal's and put food straight on it no, same with pizza, you can't cook food in a cold pan or oven, my ninja heats up and then tells you to add food

Back