What have you been cooking in your air fryer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We tried some decent beef burgers from the butchers tonight they were fantastic.

A little tip from our halogen oven days -
If you have cooked something messy (burgers tonight) put enough hot water in each pan to cover the bottom plate and a little washing up liquid in each then grill for 2 minutes when you pour the water all that they need is a quick wash and they are like new.

Chips coated with a bit of melted beef dripping are divine in the air fryer.

Yorkshire pudding came out well in our one , ours has shelves and a rotisserie function.

Pork chops and roast spuds are very good .

Mixed roast veggies with balsamic glaze is anouther family favourite. I use a square cake 8" tin that fits perfectly in ours for anything saucy.

My biggest gripe with the air fryer was cleaning it after every use. You don’t have to do that with a your oven. Anyway, stumbled across a game changer at the weekend. Dishwasher safe reusable silicone inserts. My life is now complete 👌

57DCDBD1-DC1B-443B-9C41-8D151AF9DF4A.jpeg

My biggest gripe with the air fryer was cleaning it after every use. You don’t have to do that with a your oven. Anyway, stumbled across a game changer at the weekend. Dishwasher safe reusable silicone inserts. My life is now complete 👌

View attachment 76146
But you need to clean any tray or dish that is used in the oven.

Cottage pie in the ninja today. Well and yesterday

OK - here goes. I bought an air fryer about a year ago, just to do chips. The result was that they were awful. I gave it to my son who is a talented chef and he thought it was rubbish and is trying to get rid of. If you live in the Greenwich area there is one going free! Im not decrying them, but I just couldn't get on with it. Im sure some models suits some folks needs.

@Robin54 I prefered wedges to chips in our first single draw fryer and still prefer th made in the double, my Son loves the chips SWMBO makes in the two drawer, I doubt any air fryer is going to beat chips made in a pan of hot beef dripping but that's not what the machines are for.

We did a pizza for the first time in the two door tonight and found out how hard it is to cut frozen pizza in two, the finished pizza was spor on.

@Robin54 I prefered wedges to chips in our first single draw fryer and still prefer th made in the double, my Son loves the chips SWMBO makes in the two drawer, I doubt any air fryer is going to beat chips made in a pan of hot beef dripping but that's not what the machines are for.

We did a pizza for the first time in the two door tonight and found out how hard it is to cut frozen pizza in two, the finished pizza was spor on.
Its a weird one guys. Not for me - but if your happy fair enough

Did a roast chicken in our two drawer last week, roasties in drawer 2. I was doubtful in would turn out well but it was awesome, did a 1.5kg in 1 hour!

Latest posts

Back