What other juices are good to use for a TC?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tapo90

Reaction score
I do believe the title speaks it all.
But if anybody has some good/strange recipes it would be appreciated.
Thanks.
:cheers:

I was looking at Cranberry juice, but it was juice drink, not concentrate. :(
I thought about pineapple, anyone made a pineapple TC?

Where did you get pear juice from? Can't say i've seen it anywhere.

Tapo90 said:
Where did you get pear juice from? Can't say i've seen it anywhere.
Lidl sell a “Pear Nectar” which (IIRC) is about 50% juice. It throws a massive sediment though, I've only used it once and volume losses on racking were considerable.

Is that all about the pears Ade? I'm making a pear wine with tinned pears & grape juice, &, while it is clearing, the sediment is slowly growing. :eek:

Cussword said:
Is that all about the pears Ade? I'm making a pear wine with tinned pears & grape juice, &, while it is clearing, the sediment is slowly growing. :eek:

I think if the ending result tastes any good then personally I wouldn't be too bothered about the loss, i'd rather have 1 bottle of really good tasting wine, than 6 bottles of ****, although it could just turn out as 1 bottle of nasty. :grin:

Lets hope it doesn't, I wish you a good wine :pray:

Don't know Cuss, probably, all I do know is that I tried a TC with 4 apple + 1 pear and ended up with a litre of soft, fluffy sediment which flatly refused to compact, even after a couple of months.

If using real pears I now freeze, defrost and press.

I did one the other day - 15 L of Apple and 5 L of pineapple - turned out ok.

Only cos Aldi ran out of Apple juice. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back