What to do next?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you "heat" the ribena Paul or did you boil it off for 15-20 mins to get rid of the preservatives. Were there any preservatives in the other cartons/bottles you used?

Boiled it and then let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.

Not that am aware of, the apple juice certainly didn't but can't be 100% on the cranberry now to be honest and no longer got the empty carton :(

Is there anything I can do or do I put this down to inexperience :oops:

I've not long made the "Ribena" wine (in my case Tesco's own brand as it is 50% juice unlike actual Ribena). I boiled mine for 15-20 mins and it's bubbling away merrily so that was why I asked.
As you no longer have the carton for the cranberry you won't be able to check to see if it says refrigerate once opened as that is what indicates that it's made from pure juice (as I understand it that is)
Actually, I don't think I've ever seen a "pure" cranberry. It would probably be too tart but I know others have made cranberry drinks.
Anyway, I am new here myself and although I've made wine on and off for a few years I think I'll say wait for another more experienced
wine maker to advice you.
I shall watch your thread though as I am interested. My husband really likes cranberry juice so if wine is feasible I might treat him and attempt to make some :D

Thanks Johnsan

I've cranked up the heating a bit and it has made a difference. It seems to be bubbling a bit faster now and can see this at the top of the DJ.

Will keep an eye on it, but if anyone has any tips or advise please let me know :)

Another good variation on a Rose WOW is 1 litre red grape and 1 litre of cherry juice drink from ASDA. Seems to have more depth than cranberry. thought cranberry tasted nice but bit pale. Cherry is awesome.

Well all is going well :D

The Apple TC SG ended up at 1.000 from 1.060 so is that around 8%?

The Apple, Blackcurrant & Cranberry is still fermenting (1.012) as is the Zinfandel Blush wine kit.

Decided to start the On The Rocks Raspberry & Lime cider kit today too.

Got another DJ too, so decided to try something different and used 3Lt of Sainsburys Apple Juice and 2Lt of Fruit Cocktail juice from concentrate too... no idea how it will end up but worth a shot :) Details in my blog :drink:

Back