Whats in stock brew! 03 Aug 09.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andbrew

Reaction score
Tommorrow,

My plastic fantastic brewery will be in action.

Length 23 litre.

In the tun.

4500g Marris otter,
250g Crystal malt,
75g Chocolate malt,
200g Flaked maize,

In the boiler.

50g Northdown 90 mins,
25g Fuggles 15 mins,

I checked my recipe book and i couldn't find one using just Northdown and Fuggles, so i went to the shed and came up with this. :D

No idea about IBU, EBU, ABV, or any other TLA but its all weighed out ready to go. Efficiency of my system :wha: no idea lol. These and many other things i need to read up on! :whistle:

I need to get on the Barley Bottom site, hops are running low. I've another 50g of Northdown and 25g Fuggles.

Cheers Andbrew.

Yep looks nice, I'm a fan of small additions of chocolate malt myself :thumb:

A T said:
I bet he's ****** asleep on top of the fermenter

Unfortunatly not I'm working tonight. :roll:

Brew day went to plan no photo's unfortunatly, i really need to buy/build an immersion chiller as when i left for work at 7pm the wort was still at 35C. My wife said she would pitch the yeast as she went to bed bless her. I was surprised at how little chocolate malt coloured and flavoured the wort.
Cheers Andbrew.

She's a good girl my mrs! I'm home from work to find the fv in the drained bath, airlocks a bubblin. I gave the wort a good stir to aerate as i forgot to tell her that bit :oops: , it smelt magical! Coffees, malts, fuggles. High hopes for this one. :cheers:

Andbrew.

Back