What's your music taste like?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm .. got me thinking about the music I like.
Not techno - but maybe only because I'm 65 & have never heard it (I have heard of it, though).
Blimey, it's a weird bunch.
Rock: Marillion, King Crimson.
Rock/Pop: Floyd, Barclay James H, REM, Neil Young
Jazz - modern, improvising only
Folk - love Celtic, esp with piping. Originally Planxty, then loads more, esp Irish & Scottish...
Classical: Loads. Favourites? So difficult.... Vaughan Williams, Sibelius, Shostakovich. Lots more (including Tubin!, and another Estonian in Arvo Part)
I love to listen to Late Junction on Radio 3 (Tue, Wed & Thurs late evening) - almost anything can crop up here. Lots of great stuff & it really extends my experience of music. Maybe they occasionally play French techno :smile:

In fact, if I had to choose a life without music or without beer - well only one winner, and my life wouldn't be silent!

Lots of classical, Afro Celt Sound System, Beth Orton, Chillout music, 80s - I'll listen to pretty much anything, so long as it isn't (C)Rap music - it hurts my brain and ears. If I'm in the need to put a smile on my face, then I turn to Half Man Half Biscuit - those that know of them will understand...

Hmm .. got me thinking about the music I like.
Not techno - but maybe only because I'm 65 & have never heard it (I have heard of it, though).
Blimey, it's a weird bunch.
Rock: Marillion, King Crimson.
Rock/Pop: Floyd, Barclay James H, REM, Neil Young
Jazz - modern, improvising only
Folk - love Celtic, esp with piping. Originally Planxty, then loads more, esp Irish & Scottish...
Classical: Loads. Favourites? So difficult.... Vaughan Williams, Sibelius, Shostakovich. Lots more (including Tubin!, and another Estonian in Arvo Part)
I love to listen to Late Junction on Radio 3 (Tue, Wed & Thurs late evening) - almost anything can crop up here. Lots of great stuff & it really extends my experience of music. Maybe they occasionally play French techno :smile:

In fact, if I had to choose a life without music or without beer - well only one winner, and my life wouldn't be silent!

Blimey, thats almost all my favourite music there as well. You must be my brother.
Currently Im into Earth, Wind and Beer!:mrgreen:

Hoppyland's got the right idea.
Good dose of prog - steven wilson, flying colours, mostly autumn, panic room and not forgetting the usual classics.
Then blues rock with the likes of Joe Bonamassa, King King, joanne Shaw Taylor etc
Bg

Pretty catholic tastes really. Anything from late 50's through the 60's. Not so keen on some of the 70's stuff, but 80's and early 90's ok but nothing much later than that. Don't mind some light classical music, love the second half of last night at the proms:)
Can't stand Country and Western though:nono: Dolly's ok though:mrgreen:

i like anything that is good, creative and or original, from classics to modern.

I am also a firm believer in the theory that music is a lot like chocolates...... to enjoy them at their best you chuck the wrappers out

Eclectic is how I would describe my music selection. I have a hifi separates system in the kitchen which I use to full effect when brewing and cooking. (Love it when the kids tell me to turn it down :mrgreen:)
Depending on my mood it could be Vaughan williams, Metallica, green day, queen, thin lizzy, Led Zep, Linkin Park, Magnum, Joni Mitchell and then there's Human League, and a load of 80s stuff. The last music I bought was Gregory Porter. So basically anything (except Morrisey).

Eclectic and probably a lot more tasteful than yours.. (complete collection of NTWICM tapes and CD's dating back to the mid 1980's :whistle:)

I'm an old folky, and yes I do have a beard and can often be found wearing socks in sandals.
Most of the music I listen to is bagpipe orientated as I play pipes myself, as well as mostly Welsh folk stuff.
I'm also a Morris dancer.
Spend much more time performing music rather than listening to it though.
Hey Cwrw, you and your band of merry Morris men weren't performing outside a pub in Fishguard last Saturday were you?

Back