What's your real name?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a locksmith our Rep for Chubb locks was called Mike Lever. His car had a personalised numberplate - 5 Lever.

My partner used to go to school with a girl called Wednesday Knight.
And ended up working at a hospital with a Dr Payne.

There is a word for people who have significant names to match their job, but is it that they go for that job because they had that name?

When I was a locksmith our Rep for Chubb locks was called Mike Lever. His car had a personalised numberplate - 5 Lever.

My partner used to go to school with a girl called Wednesday Knight.
And ended up working at a hospital with a Dr Payne.

There is a word for people who have significant names to match their job, but is it that they go for that job because they had that name?

Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread. Determinative nomenclature or something like that.

For the sake of cold callers my name is Sir Digby Chicken Caesar, and they are my nemesis 😅

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mother once took group of schoolkids to a sewage works, before she took them had to visit it and it was run by Mr ****. She had to introduce him to the kids with a straight face, you can imagine.

On the same theme had a student called Mr S*h*i*t, did love calling his name out lol.

My real name is Michael, and nobody has ever called me "Mick" in my life.

I got an email on Monday from this lady...

green.JPG

Wife knew a Lady ..., wont say her name, whos daughter was marrying a mr C**T. He had to take her name, as they werent prepared to send invitations out with name on it..lol

You had left?

Not really:lol:

But my real name is Lord Francis Stephen Jackson and no body and I mean nobody knew that !!! its been a blast :whistle:

I have 20 other names though but that one is my real name

Not Tau, but become accustomed to nickname on forums, just a boring old british name.

Latest posts

Back