Wilko Cerveza 1 drop or 2?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dronnybrewer

Reaction score
Just ready to bottle my Cerveza which I thought I would give a try with it being summer. It's the first lager style beer I have done though and wondered whether I should put 2 carbonation drops in the 500ml plastic bottles?

Just ready to bottle my Cerveza which I thought I would give a try with it being summer. It's the first lager style beer I have done though and wondered whether I should put 2 carbonation drops in the 500ml plastic bottles?

The only advice I will give you is that lager is normally carbed more than ale. It will be terrible if under carbed I think those pet bottles can take the pressure. Think how fizzy coke is. There nothing stopping you putting in 1.5 or just use table sugar then you have more freedom . I've never used the plastic bottles so I'm sure others on here can advise

My first brew was the Coopers Lager and I added 1 carb drop per bottle. After 3 weeks it was only slightly carbonated. It would have been fine for an ale but not enough for a lager. I ended up opening the bottles and adding more sugar. Doing that 40 times was a pain in the ar*e.

I'd add 2 drops per bottle and that should carbonate to a decent level. PET bottles will be fine with that.

I've recently asked the same question but with European lager and the answers all said "two". It's almost a week in the bottles and all is well.

Latest posts

Back