wilko pinot grigio problem

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollo12345

Reaction score
Please help I have brewed a 30 bottle kit been brewing 3 weeks at 24% thought it was slow.
Have now checked it to carry on and finish and found I added the yeast but some how never added the yeast nutrient there was plenty of activity in the airlock now stopped.
Problem is do I add the yeast nutrient :?: :?: or just leave it and finish off without it :thumb: :thumb: Help Help.

Add it now it wont do any harm, do you have a hydrometer to check if it is fermenting and when its finished?

Forgot to add Yeast nutrient did add yeast though is this a problem.
Do I add now or carry on without it.

It probably hasn't finished, adding the nutrient may help, take a reading over a few days and you will be able to see if anything is happening.

It has not finished by a long way, do the instructions suggest where it should finish?

Put the nutrient in and give the DJ a good shake and keep your fingers crossed.

thanks chippy added nutrient and its kicked off fermenting straight away seemed very active as i added it :pray: :pray: :pray:

Even if you had made it per instructions (added nutrient at start) it would be doubtful it would be finished in 7 days, kit manufacturers are very optimistic in the time they say a wine will be finished, its done when its done and in the cooler temperatures our houses are now at it takes even longer, patience is one of the hardest things we have to learn as home brewers.

My only kit wine to date was in the bottle 6 days after starting it, guess I must have been lucky !

Please help I have brewed a 30 bottle kit been brewing 3 weeks at 24% thought it was slow.
Have now checked it to carry on and finish and found I added the yeast but some how never added the yeast nutrient there was plenty of activity in the airlock now stopped.
Problem is do I add the yeast nutrient :?: :?: or just leave it and finish off without it :thumb: :thumb: Help Help.

Are you sure you've got your numbers right?

I have noticed they say a shorter time is it to confuse or just lies.

I guess its because if they said it may take a week and a half to ferment then three days to clear and will not be all that great tasting for another couple of weeks new wine makers would think sod that.

My only kit wine to date was in the bottle 6 days after starting it, guess I must have been lucky !

My juice wines made with red grape juice and apple finish fermentation around 7 days in summer when the kitchen is hot.

Latest posts

Back