Wilkos to close 15 stores. :/

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised the one in haverfordwest isn't closing. The have a homebrew section but only seem to stock stuff at random. One week they have no yeast, another it'll be cider or wine yeast only... You could never take up home-brewing based on their stock.

I'm surprised the one in haverfordwest isn't closing. The have a homebrew section but only seem to stock stuff at random. One week they have no yeast, another it'll be cider or wine yeast only... You could never take up home-brewing based on their stock.
That could be a supply problem everybody is suffering the same, things disappear off the shelves then appear a week or two later in floods then dry up again. The supermarkets are suffering from it but at least it is generally a glitch in the product production supply of materials and then the logistics of getting it to the warehouse/stores with the shortage of drivers.
I use Toolstation a lot and tried to order 2 different items and both were not just out of stock at store but unable to order online either. Sign of the times

We get our kits from the range and they are great value and quality.

I am not sure how much brewing gear they sell it may depend on the size of the store near you.
Thanks. I did check out my local Range when I started but I was only looking for bottles so may have missed more general home brew stuff. I’ll take another look.
For yeast try Crossmyloof as they are postage included well respected retailer on this forum
Thanks for the great tip. I’ve just ordered their general Ale Yeast, and you’re right - postage included! (Though I added 50p for the 1-2 day service.) As I said, I can understand paying postage on heavy or funny-shaped goods but I’ve been disappointed to find that all the big mail order businesses I’ve tried seem to want to charge the same £4 or £5 to send a small sachet of yeast. If I get on with their yeast they’ll become my go-to suppliers.

That could be a supply problem everybody is suffering the same, things disappear off the shelves then appear a week or two later in floods then dry up again. The supermarkets are suffering from it but at least it is generally a glitch in the product production supply of materials and then the logistics of getting it to the warehouse/stores with the shortage of drivers.
I use Toolstation a lot and tried to order 2 different items and both were not just out of stock at store but unable to order online either. Sign of the times
Sure I know that but this is a long term thing

Popped in to our local Torquay store last week , homebrew section was virtually empty , couple packs of lme,dme .
One pack of stabiliser and loads of packs of campden tablets and one wherry kit
nothing else.
pitty as I was in need of some yeast nutrient.

Popped in to our local Torquay store last week , homebrew section was virtually empty , couple packs of lme,dme .
One pack of stabiliser and loads of packs of campden tablets and one wherry kit
nothing else.
pitty as I was in need of some yeast nutrient.
I also went into their Torquay store last week virtually no stock and their kits are now £20 for one can.

Latest posts

Back