Will Smith slap.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The joke wasn't funny, the comedian was out of line, Smiths reaction was over the top. Nobody looked good..
Smith needs to be censured for what he did and the comedian never hired again.

I was going to write this reply, you beat me too it.

The joke was about her shaving her head, not directly about her medical condition and could also have been directed at a woman who shaved her head as a fashion statement. She shaved her head and has been very public with it, which is her right, but that does leave her open to comments and jokes. Is Will going to assault every comic that mentions it? If he's willing to assault someone in public I wonder how violent he is in private.

Will Smith should have been booted out. If it was any of us doing that at some event then you'd be hauled out by security. He's an A lister so not only did they let him stay but he went onstage again to give an acceptance speech. The Oscar's organisers bottled doing the right thing in my opinion.

There be a heck of a lot of memes doing the rounds at the mo' and Ricky Gervais has already made reference. Personally, I think it'll be getting referenced for some time to come.
Other comedians will be dining out on it for years

There be a heck of a lot of memes doing the rounds at the mo' and Ricky Gervais has already made reference. Personally, I think it'll be getting referenced for some time to come.

But he wont be sat in a room with his wife being the target of these jokes so he will never know.

Screenshot_20220329-230306.png

Has Chris Rock apologised to Will Smiths wife?! That should have been the first apology imo, she looked very indignant. Making fun of people with disability or health conditions is the lowest cheapest 'humour’ Will could have torn Rock to shreds when he got the stage, taken the high ground the audience would have loved him, then destroy Rocks career on social media. Sometimes hard to think when you’re pi$$ed off.

They were both wrong, but I have more sympathy for Will Smith.
Leon said it best "No Women, no kids"
Chris Rock should have had the common sense to realise Will Smith was within walking distance and had second thoughts about mocking his wife's disability. If you take the **** out of someone's partner, within range you need to be willing to risk a slap.
As for him being a comedian, freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequence. He wasn't exactly punching up by attacking somebody's obvious insecurities.

It’s clear his wife was not amused by the “ joke”, and almost certainly felt humiliated in front her many rich and famous acting crowd. Had Will NOT slapped the joker, would the same crowd not have thought he should have reacted?. I think so. He could have perhaps just done verbal warning to him that came afterwards. That may have sufficed , but personally I think I would have done the same thing as Will had I been in his position.... with or without the fame.

Latest posts

Back