will this work

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasea3632

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made a wine with the tinned fruit pie fillings such as cherry or apple and blackcurrant if so how many tins did you use etc

Made one out of water sugar and mince pie filling for christmas and it was truely amazing ;)

I know its not quiet the same but I've seen the ones you mean and have been tempted! I'd use about 4 cans. The black cherry filling is my personal favourite and is on my "things to brew" list. If you're going to give it ago dont forget to simmer it for about 20 mins to break the persevatives down and good look, I look forward to hearing how it turns out!!

DO IT DO IT DO IT! :drunk:

second2none any chance you could post ur recipe and method for the mince pie one as i am wondering what you did about the bits of suety fat in it but am open to trying anything

I was thinking about this the other day and wanted to brew some just to drink and thought I might post the recipe up on its own thread but nearer christmas maybe ...

Mince Pie Brew....

1 large jar of Morrisons Value Mincemeat (the sweet kind)
4.5L Water
400g White Sugar
A couple grams of ale yeast

Ok at first glances it sounds horrid, but if you look at the ingredients:
Sugar, Apples, Currants, Sultanas, Raisins, Orange Peel, Lemon Peel,
Spices (cinnamon and nutmeg)

There was also vegetable suet, which I DID NOT want in my brew but lucky it floated to the top and I just used a sieve to remove it allfrom the top of the pan before pooring it into the DJ! The only chemical addictive in it is Citric Acid which I remember adding to one of my turbo ciders so I'm not to worried about that!

5ae0221ae3.jpg

Will sieve fruit out after about a week and rack a few times when seatled
Primed with 50g of sugar to gve it a nice strong fizz!
I'm hoping it will be about 5% but forgot to take a OG reading
It will be ready in about 2 weeks, anyone fancy a glass?

That was the Orgianl recipe and I wouldnt change a thing, it was sweet but not sticky and full of christmassy flavour and perfect fizz to it :) and for about £2 for ten pints you know you just have to at least give it a go!

second2none said:
I was thinking about this the other day and wanted to brew some just to drink and thought I might post the recipe up on its own thread but nearer christmas maybe ...

Mince Pie Brew....

1 large jar of Morrisons Value Mincemeat (the sweet kind)
4.5L Water
400g White Sugar
A couple grams of ale yeast
[/i]

Christ, I thought you meant real mince, like sausages, pork beef mince!

Im pretty sure fermented blood would be :sick: :sick: :eek: :twisted:

Latest posts

Back