Williams Bros.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
abeyptfc said:
Stapsin said:
If you guys are enjoying Joker try and get your hands on Double Joker! It is even better. Even stronger and hoppier, would highly recommend. Inn Deep occasionally have it on tap so keep your eyes open. Paradigm Shift is also really nice as is Roisin if you like something with a bit of berry flavour.

Have you heard about their new collaboration with Tennent's in the East End? They are launching a new brewery/bar/restaurant/brewing school called Drygate which should be good too!

yeah it sounds very good. I was over talking to Scott a few weeks ago and he was telling me all about it, he was saying if you go in with a recipe you are confident of, if they think it will be decent they will scale it up and help you brew it,you can take some home, they would buy some and you can sell some to other local pubs, he asked me if I knew any local pubs that would be looking to buy my beer but I hadn't even thought about that.

Would you need to have a licence to sell beer you brewed there or would you be covered under there licence?

makebeerbehappy said:
abeyptfc said:
Stapsin said:
If you guys are enjoying Joker try and get your hands on Double Joker! It is even better. Even stronger and hoppier, would highly recommend. Inn Deep occasionally have it on tap so keep your eyes open. Paradigm Shift is also really nice as is Roisin if you like something with a bit of berry flavour.

Have you heard about their new collaboration with Tennent's in the East End? They are launching a new brewery/bar/restaurant/brewing school called Drygate which should be good too!

yeah it sounds very good. I was over talking to Scott a few weeks ago and he was telling me all about it, he was saying if you go in with a recipe you are confident of, if they think it will be decent they will scale it up and help you brew it,you can take some home, they would buy some and you can sell some to other local pubs, he asked me if I knew any local pubs that would be looking to buy my beer but I hadn't even thought about that.

Would you need to have a licence to sell beer you brewed there or would you be covered under there licence?

I think they brew it with you hanging about helping out, Scott didn't mention anything about having a licence so I assume they sell it on your behalf.

Williams are my favourite brewery at the moment too. Aldi usually have a selection of their beers at £1.39 a bottle so if I'm in the area I grab a few. I could drink Fraoch and Caesar Augustus until the 7 Giraffes come home. :D

I walked the West Highland Way with my son a couple of years ago. After five days of walking on those old military roads my I was in great pain, my feet resembled melted wellies and I was limping on both legs (it wasn't pretty). However that first pint of Williams Joker IPA at the Grog and Gruel in Fort William was so good that it was almost a spiritual experience. The next three weren't too bad either. :whistle:

Dunfie said:
Williams are my favourite brewery at the moment too. Aldi usually have a selection of their beers at £1.39 a bottle so if I'm in the area I grab a few. I could drink Fraoch and Caesar Augustus until the 7 Giraffes come home. :D

I walked the West Highland Way with my son a couple of years ago. After five days of walking on those old military roads my I was in great pain, my feet resembled melted wellies and I was limping on both legs (it wasn't pretty). However that first pint of Williams Joker IPA at the Grog and Gruel in Fort William was so good that it was almost a spiritual experience. The next three weren't too bad either. :whistle:

I believe you're the man with the clone recipe for Ceasar Augustus. Are you willing to share it? Would love to give this a try!

Just to add to the praise for Williams Bros. They make really good beers which all have their own vibe going on. I enjoy some Brewdog beers (are they a beer company with aggressive marketing or a marketing company with aggressive beers) but feel that Will.Bros are consistently more enjoyable across their range. Joker and Double Joker are great, their stouts are tasty as are their summer beers.

That is all!

Dunfie on here has brewed a recent batch, I can't seem to find the brewday post but if you pm he might have it.we tasted it at our night out in Dunfermline a few weeks ago and it was awesome.

This is a Quality IPA/Lager, anyone ever find a clone from Tins and hop additions?
I was thinking of throwing my Coopers International Draught and Wilkos Pilsner together along with Nelson Sauvin,Amarillo,Styrian and Cascade hop pellets,these are the hops they say are in it but I don't know the ratio to use,any ideas ????

Love joker ipa and birds and bees.
Picked up perfect storm and golden ratio, which I hadn't seen before, and found them both a bit bland...

Love joker ipa and birds and bees.
Picked up perfect storm and golden ratio, which I hadn't seen before, and found them both a bit bland...

Me too,the original beers they brought out are hard to beat.
This smacks of,let's keep up with the "craft scene" explosion and water down a few recipes and Fire them out there,quick style :hmm:
Sometimes less is more :hat:

They've even got their beers out here in Dubai! Seen a couple of bottles of Joker IPA, very keen to get my hands on them, not like back home where I can pick them up in Tesco's... Hopefully a sign of more craft beers coming my way.

Did someone say they own the Homebrewshop in Glasgow, Dumbarton Road? Well the William Bros want their bums felt to bring them back to reality, its £6.50 for 100gs of hops and we are not talking about some jazzy tropical hops from the other side of the world, that's for humble Fuggles and EKG. I can send down to Gloucestershire and get three times that much for the same price. The problem is that they have no competition in Glasgow, they are practically the only homebrew shop in the city.:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back