Winter Sunrise - 10.01.09

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this has reached about 1.013 ish. i say ish cos the hydrometer is low in the bucket and cant get my eye level. looks more like 1.012. so it's overshot 6% maybe nearer 6.2% :drunk:

just sanitised a glass and dipped it in to have a taste.

i'm writing this as i've got the glass infront of me... it's crystal clear!

aroma it's a nice subtle note on the nose... can just about make out the crystal..

taste... wow! ALOT better than expected. i thought with the serious temperature issue it'd turn out pants.... but it hasn't!

first impressions... i'm getting a marmite type taste... mmm i love marmite :D so that's alright by me.

hmm marmite type taste fades after a few sips

i tell you what... this tastes very much like my hedgehog mild... but lighter on the bitterness. it tastes like a sub 4%... not over 6!!! :shock: :drunk:

this is going to be drunk very quickly and cause me lots of drunken nights.. i can see it now :lol: it tastes like a right session pint

cant wait until it's carbonated and at the bar! :cheers: :drink:

omg i've drunk a whole pint in about 2 mins and didn't realise!

this is seriously good stuff actually considering the major mash temp cock up!

see this is what AG brewing is all about... you can seriously feck a recipe you've just thrown together right up, and still pull off a really decent pint!

i'm well chuffed :D

midway through racking this now... the hard part is over. 65 bottles are now perched on my bar for a week to condition at room temperature before i move them to the garage.

Two cornies will be filled shortly :thumb:

thanks JV

just finished round 2 after a bit of a rest.

2 cornies sat under the bar and pressurised.

one cornie i shook to buggery while it was connected and poured a pint mostly using the "push backward for foam" method... mmmmmmmmm it's nice and creamy. makes me want to get a couple of hand-pulls :hmm:

it's really good this stuff is :thumb:

here's the finished product. bit cloudy cos i caught some sediment when racking... but it tastes gorgeous :D

200901172148_882.jpg

When it's ready - If you're wanting to off-load a bottle ... ;)

That said, give it a month or two and I'll have quite a few bottles to dish out :cheers:

oh man.. this stuff is lethal.

with it's low IBU to OG ratio it makes for a super easy pint to drink.... i had 4 or 5 pints of the stuff last night and i feel like i've had an all weekend session today :sick:

this stuff needs treating with respect :lol:

Back