wire mesh for mash tuns

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the shadow

Reaction score
wot grade mesh are the lads useing. if any to stop a stuck mash.ive been looking for some but im a bit unsure wot grade to use as to fine will sick ans to corse will do nowt any help plz :thumb: sorry las my keybord is a bit dafey ducked some keys missing

my manifold is some copper pipe pushed together so that it can be taken apart nd cleaned. just hacksaw loads of slots in it and get it to fit in the back of the tap accordingly. :thumb:

2mm is fine i drilled mine to 3mm works good there is a way to make one if you can get hold of a flat peice of copper say from an old tank etc. A freind of mine cut a peice of copper plate 9" x 3" drilled it with the holes and tapped it around a peice of steel to form a tube squashed the end in a vice and connected it to the mash tun tap. It works fine :D

I was thinking false bottom (metal colander) with a SS wire mesh around the tap... Think this would work fine?

More or less likely of a blockage forming like this?

The problem I have is that I don't have a hacksaw or a power drill :cry:

Latest posts

Back